N-Gage 2? AKA, Nokia is on crack.

N-Gage 2 to come later this year.

I really have no words for this. The article says everything I ever could. Considering it’ll cost more than a DS, AND more than the PSP, who are they trying to kid?

Anyone who’s handy enough can modify their own DS into a Wi-Fi phone. So there’s really no point to Nokia’s decision. Especially since Apple’s iPhone is rising to the suface and heading towards the shore like the Jaws of Phones that it is, devouring everything in its path.

Yeah, man, that N-Gage? That was, like, the BEST MARKETING DECISION EVER. Let’s do it all over again! Yeah!

Considering its going to still be running Symbian, i can’t even see this getting any kind of business play. And didn’t they already remake the N-Gage?

Dear Nokia,

You make great phones and are stationed in a country where the first novel made up entirely of text messages has been published. Please stick to cellphones and drop the damn n-gage.

Love,
Trilly

How many people bought the first N-Gage? 10?

I sent them a letter with the lyrics to Dolly Parton’s “Jolene” and no other text besides “NGAGE” in big letters on the back of the paper.
No response yet.

As long as this doesn’t turn into another Gizmodo or at least doesn’t end like the Gizmodo did then I’ll be happy. (After all we must not let another good rare sport car suffer the same fate.)

Under two million N-Gage units were sold. Wait, has Nokia got under 2M shareholders?

My best guess is that either someone wants to harm Finland’s economy or that their decision-making persons are idiots, with both meanings of the word.

Reminds me of a story I heard once in which this AD&D GM was having fun monkey’s-pawing the Wish spell on the party members; one player declined to make a wish at the time. But later, when they were fighting a dragon, he muttered, “I wish this thing would just die!” The GM used his unused wish spell to turn the dragon into an undead dragon.

I’m amazed at the stupidity of the people at nokia. It is truly spectacular.