My thoughts on FFT

Well I just beat FFT yesterday. I’m glad Cloud was useful at the end of the game battles, now I don’t feel like an idiot for leveling him up so much.

Not really plot spoilers but I’m talking about the end of the game so…

But I thought the final series of battles were really easy. Especially the last boss. Between Cloud doing 999 damage with Climhazard, Orlandu’s Holy explosion, Ramza’s two swords with the Save the Queen and the Ragnarok, I killed the last boss in only a couple of rounds. My calculator also came in handy with her holy spell. And my last guy was a kick ass lancer, he helped too.

Overall I enjoyed the game. I thought it made good use of my brain. I hope that FFTA will be this good.

Heh, good on yer. Most of us just don’t have the patience to level Cloud up. -_-

I never did like levelling Cloud up either…and yeah how about trying to beat the game without all those weapons :stuck_out_tongue: Orlando was my only real force, and even then I agree the game seemed a bit easy.There were battles before the last boss that gave me more of a challenge.

I hate the game for the sole fact that the battles take too god damn long.

The hardest battle I fought were Weigraf (Velius (sp?) and Elmdor (for the gengi armor). FFT is my favorite RPG!

Originally posted by The Wizardmaster
The hardest battle I fought were Weigraf (Velius (sp?) and Elmdor (for the gengi armor). FFT is my favorite RPG!

Same here.I got stuck so many times at Velius, only to barely just beat him and then have my ass kicked, hard, by Elmdor and his assassins.Not to mention I only had one FFT save state so, I had to go back to the beginning…

Points to favorite RPG

I liked Beowulf too. There’s something about turning the opposition like a giant behemoth into a chicken, having it run into the corner and having Orlandu slaughtering it that never gets old.

<-----------------------

If you don’t want it to be insanely easy then don’t use story characters. They make the game way to easy.

Rafa and Malak are the exceptions to epicgamer’s statement… :stuck_out_tongue:

I usually don’t use story characters. I find it more fun to use generics anyway. When I do use story characters, I like to use all of them.

Anyway the final battles should be a lot harder. The final boss should have millions of HP. And MA and AT in the thirties. But then again I’m insane.

At the very least it needed more speed, HP and faster charge times. However one thing to remember is a lot of power in some rpgs is for worse players. At least in my view.

Which sometimes make mes one of the worst players. And come to think of it even at low low levels some found the final boss easy. So uh never mind.

In general I wish the enemies in FFT made better use of the skills. Along with better stats this would improve the challenge.

St.Ajora

A group of 9 level 99 chocobos and 9 level 99 archers…
now THERE’s a final boss.

Originally posted by Obadiah
Rafa and Malak are the exceptions to epicgamer’s statement… :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes. Yes they are.

Originally posted by Obadiah
A group of 9 level 99 chocobos and 9 level 99 archers…
now THERE’s a final boss.

Good god man, are you mad? :eek:

The definitely sounds like a challenge, unless you have a calculator that can kill them all in one fell swoop :stuck_out_tongue:

that would be scary

i had a lot of fun with tactics. i have beaten it finally but i need to go back and do deep dungon, ill have to tell more when i do that.

Well if you took the time to level up Cloud then I’m betting most of your party had insanely high levels, that’s probably why the end was so easy.

Unfortunately AUstralia was never allowed to officially expierence FFT. I’m still searching for a copy myself. But i can’t be bothered importing. DO you think it would be worth it?

Originally posted by Cloth Hat
Well if you took the time to level up Cloud then I’m betting most of your party had insanely high levels, that’s probably why the end was so easy.

All of my main characters were level 60 give or take and CLoud was only level 45.

Absolutely. FFT is one of the most rewarding games I’ve played on the PlayStation.

Man, a lot of people use the specific class characters, don’t they (i.e Orlandu) I have always found using these characters makes the game WAY to easy. Whenever I get Orlandu I rob him of his excalibur and give it to my knight or geomancer. I do enjoy using Beowulf, though, he is one of my favorite characters.

And to the person to made the remark about hoping FFTA will be as good, I do not think it will. The main reason I say this is the rumors I have heard/seen about a ‘judge system.’ I heard if you do anything ‘dishonorable,’ as in, attacking someone from behind or putting like 4 characters up against one, you will recieve a ‘yellow flag,’ such as in soccer. If the characters continue this so called ‘misconduct,’ they recieve a ‘red flag,’ and are removed from the battle. Since Final Fantasy Tactics is battle, I do not think they should have made such a, in my opinion, stupid addition. I would have been much happier if they would have simply converted the original FFT to GBA.