My sister is a whore

Saw this nice little bit about a week ago. Made my morning. Granted, the retaliation might’ve been a bit extreme, but that’s what happens when you try to fuck shit up.

As far as cheating goes, it’s still rampant even in college. Hell, one of my friends tried to exploit the fact that were tons of girls basically cheating off 2-3 people in my grade in High School, and the teachers basically blew it off. Something similar happened in my sister’s class when a large group of girls plagarized some papers for a class, and got zeros, so their parents had to come up and complain to the school so they wouldn’t fail the class. Sometimes I don’t mind it when necessary, but other times, it just kinda pisses me off.

So you’re saying because it was accepted where you were, it’s not wrong? That doesn’t hold up. You’re still hurting people, even if its less noticeable. I remember at my old job, there was a person that stole food constantly (I worked at a grocery store). In fact, there were a few people. Then, the hours started getting cut. Why? There was too much “shrink” of product. It kept going missing. It was cutting into the businesses profits, which means that they had less money to pay the workers. And so as an indirect result of their thieving and frying food up for themselves, we all ended up paying by losing hours.

You misunderstand the reasoning. It isn’t to protect the professionals as it is to protect their clients. Would you want a fraud writing up a will for you? Defending you in court? Would you want a fraud performing surgery on you? Protecting against cheating in a professional environment is essential.

Maybe these are “diploma mills” because of the lack of academic rigor and standards, in which case you are hurting the status of your degree by helping people cheat. If everyone gets a degree even if they didn’t deserve it, then the degrees become worthless. You’re ultimately hurting everyone at your institution through your inaction.

Irrelevant, and probably untrue. Even the most socially awkward misfit can stumble into a vagina or penis by the time they’re in their twenties at least.

Bingo.

Ah. Forgive my misinterpretation, then

You’re also all overreacting with how you’re describing how over her life is. It’ll pass relatively quickly.

I disagree with this. See below:

The image was blurred and the voice distorted, but the words spoken by a young Ohio woman are haunting. She had sent nude pictures of herself to a boyfriend. When they broke up, he sent them to other high school girls. The girls were harassing her, calling her a slut and a whore. She was miserable and depressed, afraid even to go to school.

And now Jesse Logan was going on a Cincinnati television station to tell her story. Her purpose was simple: “I just want to make sure no one else will have to go through this again.”

The interview was in May 2008. Two months later, Jessica Logan hanged herself in her bedroom. She was 18.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29546030/

Hope Witsell was just beginning the journey from child to teen. The middle-school student had a tight-knit group of friends, the requisite poster of “Twilight” heartthrob Robert Pattinson and big plans to become a landscaper when she grew up.

But one impetuous move robbed Hope of her childhood, and eventually, her life. The 13-year-old Florida girl sent a topless photo of herself to a boy in hope of gaining his attention. Instead, she got the attention of her school, as well as the high school nearby.

The incessant bullying by classmates that followed when the photo spread put an emotional weight upon Hope that she ultimately could not bear.

Hope Witsell hanged herself in her bedroom 11 weeks ago.

While Hope’s photo spread, her friends rallied around her in the midst of incessant taunting and vulgar remarks thrown Hope’s way. Friends told the St. Petersburg Times, which originally chronicled Hope’s story, that they literally surrounded Hope as she walked the hallways while other students shouted “whore” and “slut” at her.

“The hallways were not fun at that time — she’d walk into class and somebody would say, ‘Oh, here comes the slut,’ ” Hope’s friend, Lane James, told the newspaper.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34236377/ns/today-today_people/

Bitch won’t do it again >_>

…why are we still discussing this? In depth? On an RPG forum? <_<

I’m probably more pissed at the righteous and indignant reaction than at her moronic brother. It’d be an altogether different story if it was a half-filled sex list of a guy.

Barack Obama was elected president therefore racism no longer exists.

Meanwhile a black teenager is convicted of drug possession and sentenced to 20 years in prison under mandatory sentencing laws while a white teenager carrying the exact same amount of drugs is let off with a “warning” by another white police officer.

Women are now equal to men under the law and therefore feminism is no longer necessary.

Meanwhile some white male dorks on the internet spout righteous indignation over the fact that a girl wants to do with her body whatever she wants and drive her to commit suicide. Also her mom still only makes 70% of what a male doing the same job with the same qualifications would earn. However, her brother who was in illegal possession of enough alcohol to potentially cause a fatal drunk driving accident is vilified as a hero and the great protector of her sister’s precious innocence (a community-owned commodity).

Basically, if you felt anything but disgust at this post you are a racist rapist by proxy and you should castrate yourself.

You are constantly incapable of comprehending that some people are not representative of the norm and that single hand accounts do not mean much in the greater picture.

But of course. It’s altogether infrequent that somebody harassed constantly will react in an irrational manner. Even if they are harassed, those that can’t cope are weak and should be destroyed by the stronger (and thusly more valuable) teenagers with mob mentality. Enlightening as usual.

So where are your examples of girls being sexually humiliated in front of their schools and recovering from it? Where are your examples of a girl’s teenage peers handling her public humiliation in a mature manner? Where are your examples of such things “blowing over”, instead of teh reality of high school life, which is that all to often such humiliations can define a person. At least I posted some examples; and I do believe they are representative of how the average teen girl would react to public sexual humiliation, and how their peers would react to it as well.

Although I am decidedly not of his point of view, it would be exceedingly difficult to provide an example of what you’re asking for. That’s like asking him to give examples of the times people didn’t get killed while wearing seatbelts. I’d try a different tactic. I’d elaborate, but I have to work for a while now and so I won’t be here.

GAP said it pretty well.

Teens go through massive amounts of social difficulties and most don’t kill themselves. Some do. If every teen that was humiliated or went through something unpleasant killed themselves, we’d have a lot fewer people. Its the same as with school shootings. Rare, unrepresentative events. There is no fixed profile. Just lots of abuse. Abuse a whole lot of other people also go through without killing other people.

Posting examples for the sake of posting examples doesn’t make an argument. Using bad data to make a point, doesn’t validate the point. It makes the argument weaker because it can’t stand up to scrutiny.

While I know jack-shit about what you guys’ high-school social life is like, and what little I hear either baffles or terrifies me (Seriously, your teenagers take this shit too fucking seriously), I have to point out to Sin: whether something like this can be proven or disproved matters absolutely jack shit and you know it. You can see this principle used in goddamn presidential campaigns: If you give sufficient coverage to something so that many people learn of it, whether it is later disproved or not rarely does anything to alleviate the damage: The information, true or untrue, becomes a known rumour, and like hundreds of “common wisdom facts”, this shit perpetuates itself because people care more about an interesting thing they happen to like than a factual one. A fake rumour is already hard to get rid of, an ostensibly true one is not going to be alleviated by her peers giving her the benefit of the doubt since they are all rational, scientific people that would not assume anything without hard evidence.

Again, I have no bloody idea of how high school social politics work as I’m alien to the very idea of their existence, so the actual impact and lasting effect of this eludes me, but appealing to the truthful, fact-checking nature of teenagers seems like pretty naïve shit to do.

SE: I think you are confused.

Firstly, you reiterated what I already said about rumors and half truths. You learn to deal with the rumor mill pretty damn quick when you’re a kid. This persists into adult life, so its a useful skill to learn.

Secondly, my statement to Curtis wasn’t about teenagers’ ability to check facts, but his ability to make an argument. Its a different point.

I was refering exclusively to:

Like I said, I have no idea to what extent “gossip fodder” of this kind can affect a teenager and for how long because I don’t know what your environment is like, but just that the fact that it can or can’t be proven truth is pretty much irrelevant. Even if it were possibly to do so one way or another, it’ll still endure as a factual story so long as it’s interesting.

Everyone talks about who dates, who sleeps with who, etc. Constantly. Its juvenile and yet I see it with 20-30 year olds in my institute. Nothing changes.

In 2009, seriously, its not like she fucked THAT many guys. Although, in my opinion, ew,but I don’t think that part was really abnormal. A lot of teens just hook up, and she probably used a condom so its not like she necessarily has every STD ever.

But, thats the payback you get when you rat someone else out?

Who the fuck writes a list like that? Seriously? I wouldn’t want a list like that to exist if I wanted to have sexual encounters with a bunch of guys without my parents finding out.

What I love is that she is SO pissed, but can’t do anything about it. Can’t exactly run to tell mommy and daddy on Chris this time, can you Katie?

Still, ew…just ew. and who says V-card?

I learned in one of my psychology classes that about 20% of teenage girls attempt suicide. That does seem like a lot, just saying.