My first attempt at animation...sucks.

Well, i ripped some sprites from my current favorite game (boktai), and attempted at ordering them and animating them, to make a animation of django running.

Too bad its a piece of shit.

So how can i prevent the jerking of the sprite at the end of the animation?

And how can i keep it transparent? The sprites are ripped transparent, but when i animate them, they get a white background.

The finished animation is attached, and so is the sheet of sprites i took the frames from.

The jerkiness appears to be caused due to a lack of frames in the animation. Make sure you have every single frame from the animation ripped. If you do, then use some of the other frames you ripped to make the animation run smoothly.

Edit: Upon closer inspection of the animation, it looks like it might be caused instead by one of the images, I would guess the last one, is positioned improperly. Try making the entire image the size of the last frame and then position the sprites so it’s not as jerky. The problem is either the one above or the edit.

As for the transparency, what are you using to animate it? Some programs whose sole purpose is to animate stuff generally don’t support transparency in my experience. I suggest Fireworks. I know it supports transparency. I believe the Paint Shop Pro animater does too.

I have to congradulate you on the fact that it’s not NEARLY as bad as some first tries I’ve seen. Also I agree with The 984

I think I see what the problem is, and I will attempt to convey it accurately in words. As the images are, it looks as though you alligned them so that the bottom of the image is lined up. Since the legs are extended to different lengths in the various indivual images, the body moves up and down a fairly significant amount from frame to frame.
I don’t know anything about animating .gifs, so I can’t help at all with your other question. I hope you can figure out how to make it look like you want it to.

After ripping the sprites a few more times, i have gotten a good sheet. There should be 9 sprites, instead of 7. In the rip i attached, there was a frame missing between 3 and 4, and 6 and 7.

Im going to try to re-animate it, but i have run into a problem. The animator i use (gif construction set pro), doesnt handle transparency. Could you link me to the Paint Shop Pro, or fireworks site?

Just go to download.com and search for Fireworks. It is the better program of the two.

Looks good to me.