My dream of the perfect Zelda....

Originally posted by Nulani
While the sailing got annoying after a while, I don’t want them to make a game without any ocean and islands: I want there to be continents, and cosy islands with small quiet villages. Continents would also make changes in the enviorment all the more likely: An artic continent, a desert contient and so on.
It would also be lovely if they incorpoated flying somehow: Imagine the picturesque scenes as you fly across the wide planes, and forests beneath you.

Well I think that since sailing was so much of the game that continents would be a bad design choice unless you could warp your ship to a different side of the continent.

Originally posted by X_countryguy
Well I think that since sailing was so much of the game that continents would be a bad design choice unless you could warp your ship to a different side of the continent.

I’m not saying, nor do I wish, that sailing should be a major part of the game: I want it to be a possibility, among others. You don’t have to sail to the opposite side of the contient: You can walk, ride, maybe fly. Should you wish to sail, however: See the coastline, visit the small cosy islands that should be along it, I want that to be a possbility.

Originally posted by Flintedge
I thought the Water Temple (in OoT) was one of the hardest things to try to get through in any Zelda game, or any game whatsoever. I have to commend Nintendo for making it.

Water temple wasn’t actually hard, just really annoying to change the water level. Dark link though, THAT was good; it took me three faeries to kill him the first time.

But my favorite was Bongo Bongo (Shadow Temple). It wasn’t hard at all but I just found it funny.

i thought the water temple was the hardest part of OoT, especially the dark link battle…

Meh, Zelda is Zelda. Whining about the games isn’t going to make Miyamoto change them. So just shut up and wait for the next one.

Let’s not even talk about the well or the Shadow temple… shivers

Zelda games are fun and not difficult, yet not so easy to play. I love the Zelda series and I will never complain about it. WW has cought my attention. I wish I could buy the game but I can’t ;_;

I thought the Water Temple (in OoT) was one of the hardest things to try to get through in any Zelda game, or any game whatsoever. I have to commend Nintendo for making it.

Evidently you haven’t played Zelda 2 and have tried to go through the Great Palace. If anything, Zelda 2 is the toughest Zelda game of all time. It took me 10 years to beat that game.

i thought the water temple was the hardest part of OoT, especially the dark link battle…

The Water Temple was the toughest of the game, especially where you had to raise and lower the water. Dark Link was tough… until you use either the Megaton Hammer or the Biggoron Sword. He was much tougher in Zelda 2 though :slight_smile:

But my favorite was Bongo Bongo (Shadow Temple). It wasn’t hard at all but I just found it funny

You don’t realize how many tries it took me to kill Bongo Bongo the first time. I spent days figuring it out. Then it donned on me… fill up with arrows first! >< though the Longshot works too ^^

Did you guys have to remind me of those battles… I don’t know how many times it took me to defeat Dark Link in OoT. Bongo Bongo was all right but I hated the shadow temple all around. That place gave me a nightmare the first time I went into it… ^_^;

am i the only one what wasn’t scared by any of the places in OoT?

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
am i the only one what wasn’t scared by any of the places in OoT?

I admit that those zombie things spooked me out a bit when I played late at night with the lights off. I can still hear them moaning. shudder

L-o-S, I must admit I really like your idea for the perfect Zelda game. I actually wish I’d been able to play some of the earlier ones to see what they were like, the only one I’ve played was LA.

And CC how could you get spooked by a game, like Zelda? Although not having played it I don’t know what it is like, so I can’t really judge, but still!

Just play it and fight the Dead Hand guy and you’ll see what I mean. Boy am’ I glad they didn’t have that thing in MM.

Originally posted by Orakio
Evidently you haven’t played Zelda 2 and have tried to go through the Great Palace. If anything, Zelda 2 is the toughest Zelda game of all time. It took me 10 years to beat that game.
Look up evidently in the dictionary, and if it took you 10 years then I beat if before you did, since I bet it many many years ago. The Great Palace itself wasn’t hard, I only had trouble with the Thunderbird (and a lot of it)