Must-sees etc...

Must See Movies: Spartacus, Lawerence of Arabia, The Great Escape, Patton, Ben Hur, A Bridge Too Far. (No, no bias at all. >.>)

Must See Musical: I dunno. HMS Pinnafore?

Must Play Game: Bubble Bath Babes, Custer’s Revenge, Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball, Tetris.

New Category!

Must See TV: Thursday nights on NBC. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and nice SNL reference, Charl. I give you an A.

Must See Movie(s): The Underworld, LoTR 3, The Matrix 3. Possibly that suspense movie w/Denzel Washington, and the oh-crap-I’m-in-the-crazyhouse movie w/Halle Berry (I can’t remember either of the names, but they looked interesting… even though movie trailers are giving away the WHOLE damn plot nowadays… I wanna be surprised once in awhile ;_;…) I also wanna see North by Northwest, 'cause it’s the only Hitchcock movie I haven’t seen.

Must Read Books: I’m finishing up Narcissus in Chains right now. Then it’s Cerulean Sins; Macbeth (it’s a travesty that I haven’t read it yet); The Shipping News; and probably a million others that I haven’t discovered yet. I’d really like to start heavily reading again. I miss it.

Must Play Games: As soon as I finish LoM, then it’s on to Xenosaga… somewhere inbetween I want to finish PS Collection and start on FFTA.

Must Watch TV: I VERY rarely watch tv, but I’m actually looking forward to that Mismatch show w/Alicia Silverstone and The Lyon’s Den w/Rob Lowe. And a new season of Law and Order. ^^

Let’s see:

Must See Movie: Can’t think of any, other than the ones already mentioned.

Must See Musical: Can’t stand them, so ain’t saying one.

Must Read Book: Probably anything by Agatha Christie, I love most of her books, because I just love, a good mystery.

Must Play Game: Too many to name. I love so many.

Edit: Chibi, if you want to see exactly how many posts it takes to get each “Title”, click on the “Forum Help” button, at the top of the page, it is right at the bottom. Hope that helps.

Must See Films: Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Donnie Darko, Forrest Gump, Cecil B. Demented, Un Chien Andalou, Rear Window, The Crow, Edward Scissorhands (just about the only movie that can consistently make me cry), Batman (seriously), Fire Walk With Me, Muholland Drive, The Stand (be prepared for over five hours of viewing pleasure- luckily it does not drag), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Princess Bride, Rainman… thats all I can think of now.

Must read books: Naked Lunch, Wicked, On a Pale Horse, A Clockwork Orange, The Stand, It, The Shining, and… uh… honestly I’m not a big book fan. I know there is more than this- but I’ll figure more out later and edit them in, maybe.

Must Play Games: Not really any off the top of my head. I prefer real roleplaying games to console ones, and the other genres really… hmm… well- you have to play at least Mario 1 or else… uh… Barthalomew. Yeah.

Must Watch TV: Don’t watch TV. If you do- watch reruns of Seinfeld or watch The Learning Channel, A+E, or The History Channel. Maybe you’ll have fun with the former and regrow some brain cells with the three latter.

Must Listen to Albums: AHA! I got a new one on you! “In the Flat Field” - Bauhaus, “The White Album” - The Beatles, “Surfer Rosa” - Pixies, “Doolittle” - Pixies, “The Number of the Beast” - Iron Maiden, “Nightfall in Middle Earth” - Blind Guardian, “The Wall” - Pink Floyd, “Animals” - Pink Floyd, “Not a Pretty Girl” - Ani DiFranco, “Q. Are We Not Men? A. We Are Devo!” - Devo, “Superunknown” - Soundgarden “The Land of Rape and Honey” - Ministry, “Unknown Pleasures” - Joy Division, “Paranoid” - Black Sabbath, “Disintigration” - The Cure, “Faith” - The Cure, “Incesticide” - Nirvana, “OK Computer” - Radiohead, “Space Oddity” - David Bowie, “The Man Who Sold the World” - David Bowie, “Ziggy Stardust” - David Bowie, “Mirrors” - Blue Oyster Cult, “Ace of Spades” - Motorhead, “Killers” - Iron Maiden, “Blizzard of Ozz” - Ozzy Osbourne, “Diary of a Madman” - Ozzy Osbourne, “Black Sabbath” - Black Sabbath, “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” - Black Sabbath, “Powerslave” - Black Sabbath, “Kill Em All” - Metallica, and “Master of Puppets” - Metallica. I probably missed stuff.

EDIT: I did. “Second Annual Report” - Throbbing Gristle, “The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste” - Ministry, “Twitch” - Ministry… room for more.

DOUBLE EDIT: “Kaleidoscope” - Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Must See Films: Donnie Darko, The Crow, Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas
Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, Godzilla King Of The Monsters, Godzilla Vs Mothra, Godzilla Vs Gigan, Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla 1985, Godzilla Vs Biolante(probably the best Godzilla movie), Godzilla Vs King Ghidora, Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle For Earth, Godzilla Vs Destoryah, This Is Spinal Tap, Pink Floyd The Wall, The Bluesbrothers, Feris Bueller’s Day Off, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Full Metal Jacket, Waynes World 1+2, uhh lots more, memory banks have been robbed though.

Must read books: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 1984, Animal Farm, Macbeth(it made me realise Shakespear can be pretty damn cool)

Must Play Games: Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 4-9, Final Fantasy Tactics

Must Watch TV: Seinfeld, South Park, Family Guy

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Must Listen to Albums: “The Number of the Beast” - Iron Maiden, “Nightfall in Middle Earth” - Blind Guardian, “The Wall” - Pink Floyd, “Animals” - Pink Floyd, “Paranoid” - Black Sabbath, “Disintigration” - The Cure, “Faith” - The Cure, “Mirrors” - Blue Oyster Cult, “Ace of Spades” - Motorhead, “Killers” - Iron Maiden, “Blizzard of Ozz” - Ozzy Osbourne, “Diary of a Madman” - Ozzy Osbourne, “Black Sabbath” - Black Sabbath, “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” - Black Sabbath, “Powerslave” - Black Sabbath, “Kill Em All” - Metallica, “Master of Puppets” - Metallica
“Ride The Lightning” - Metallica, “Peice Of Mind” - Iron Maiden, “Somewhere In Time” - Iron Maiden, “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son” - Iron Maiden, “Brave New World” - Iron Maiden, “Dance of Death” - Iron Maiden, “Killing Is My Business… And Business Is Good!” - Megadeth, “Peace Sells… But Who’s Buying?” - Megadeth, “So Far So Good… So What?!” - Megadeth, “Rust In Peace” - Megadeth, “Countdown To Extinction” - Megadeth, “Among The Living” - Anthrax, “Reign In Blood” - Slayer, “South Of Heaven” - Slayer, “Seasons Of The Abyss” - Slayer, “Welcome To Hell” - Venom, “Black Metal” - Venom, “Cowboys From Hell” - Pantera, “Vulgar Display Of Power” - Pantera, “Stained Class” - Judas Priest, “British Steel” - Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin 1-4, “Phsyical Graffiti” - Led Zeppelin, “Dark Side Of The Moon” - Pink Floyd, “Wish You Were Here” - Pink Floyd, many many many many more, I just don’t feel like listing off more. Probably because I doubt many people here would even listen to half the stuff I listen to. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
blahblahblahstuff

Gah. You made me remember…

Movies: “Pink Floyd’s The Wall,” “Dr. Strangelove,” “Full Metal Jacket,” “Gothic,” “eXistenZ.”

Books: “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.”

Albums: “Peace Sells… But Who’s Buying?” - Megadeth, “South of Heaven” - Slayer.

EDIT: Damnit! I forgot a lot of things, most of them involving Talking Heads. Forget it- I’m not going to list all of them.

Movies - Fight Club, Training Day, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Animal House, The Godfather Part I, The Godfather Part II, Girl, Interrupted and Scarface.

Must Music: Metallica S&M, Audioslave Self Titled, Korn self titled, 2pac All Eyez on Me, 50 Cent Get Rich or Die Trying, A Perfect Circle Mer De Noms, DMX …And then there was X, Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem The Eminem Show, Ja Rule Venni Vetti Vecci, Kid Rock Devil Without a Cause, The Led Zeppelin Double Disc thing that just came out, Marilyn Manson Antichrist Super Star, Metallica Master of Puppets, Metallica …And Justice for All, Nine Inch Nails Downward Spiral, Rage Against the Machine Battle of Las Angeles, Simon and Garfunkle Greatest Hits, Anything by Tool

Must see Musical - Rent, The Lion King, Fiddler on the Roof, Death of a Salesman (Not a musical, but an excellent play nontheless).

Must see TV: JAG, Law and Order, Boston Public, Sex and the City, Curb your Enthusiasm, Family Guy

Must Play Games: Chrono Trigger, Zelda A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy X, Half Life, Doom 2, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Warcraft 2 + Expansion

Originally posted by Sorcerer
[b]Movies - Fight Club, Training Day

Must Music: Metallica S&M, The Led Zeppelin Double Disc thing that just came out, Metallica …And Justice for All

Must see TV: Curb your Enthusiasm

Must Play Games: Chrono Trigger, Half Life[/b]

Yeah those are really good too, I’m surprised I forgot about those.

Films:

Aguire: The Wrath of God by Werner Herzog
My Dinner with Andre by Louis Malle
Flower and Garnet by Keith Behrman
Lancelot of the Lake by Robert Bresson
The Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman
Stolen Kisses by François Truffaut
Throne of Blood by Akira Kurosawa
Wild Strawberries by Ingmar Bergman

[strike]Musicals:[/strike] Operas:

The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
The Bohemian by Giacomo Puccini

Novels:

Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
Grendel by John Gardener
The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
Tail Tigerswallow the Great Tobacco War by Arthur Hoffman

Games: I do not know. I will say Dance Dance Revolution because it looks like fun.

New film I am now wanting to see: Wonderful Days. It looks like it’s going to pwn Spirited Away. There’s a thread in the anime forum.

Pirates of the Carribean is awesome, maybe second best movie ever.

Must see movie: Momento (like it or hate it, it’s something that you can talk about)

Must read book: Besides LotR, um, how about The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Steven King (hence clearly not a romance).

Must see musical: Fiddler on the Roof

Must hear music: The Way - Fastball (Album: All the Pain that Money Can Buy)

Must see TV (show): Gilmore Girls

Must play game: Scorched Earth (except it’s really old and I can’t run it on my comp anymore)

I would reccomend against reading Lord of the Rings. Terrible books.

Anyway:

Music: Guns n’ Roses: Apetite for Destruction, Goo Goo Dolls: Dizzy up the Girl, Godsmack: Self Titled, Foo Fighters: All My Life, Evanesence: Fallen, 8 Mile Sound Track, Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sex Sugar Magic, Nirvana: Nevermind

Books: Hamlet by Shakespeare, Macbeth by Shakespeare, Any of the Harry Potter Books, Runaway Jury by John Grisham, A Time to Kill by John Grisham, The Client by John Grisham, The Rainmaker by John Grisham, Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, The Lost World by Michael Crichton, Timeline by Michael Crichton, Airframe by Michael Crichton, Requiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby Jr.