Music question

I’m growing a liking for Juno Reactor. Any similar groups I should look out for?

keep an eye out for the new juno reactor album this year…plus tour! they’re suppose to give insanely energetic shows, I’m definitely going to go if they come to Chicago.

I’d try out any of the other following groups, if you like that world/goa trance sound:

Infected Mushroom
Astral Projection (I reccomend anything from the dancing galaxy album, including dancing galaxy and ambient galaxy)
Hallucinogen
Man With No Name

Man, I just wanted to say that Infected Mushroom fucking rocks. Since I know very little about this genre, I’ll just sneak out the back door now or something.

Voodoo Glow Skulls!

POCKETO MONSTA!

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Man, I just wanted to say that Infected Mushroom fucking rocks.

Ditto. Acid Trance PersonalFreedomofMindandSpiritCombination-yowza!1111

And ‘Illuminaughty’ on ‘Converting Vegetarians’ absolutely pwnz0rz

Converting Vegetarians is just a great album, period. Infected Mushroom’s use of organic instruments is definitely the best in the trance arena. Cause, you’ve gotta admit, the juno reactor/don davis stuff on the matrix 2 soundtrack was pretty cool and all, but it was sort of corny too. Of course, it’s quite possible the actual movie scenes that went along with those songs have still left a bad aftertaste in my mouth…

Infected Mushroom is pretty good. I like some of Schpongles stuff too, from what I’ve heard.

Yeah, I think Juno Reactor’s cool. My personal favorite is Komit, with Masters of the Universe second.

Both of those have been used in Matrix Reloaded and the Animatrix, respectively.

So what?

What about Burly Brawl?

I’m not counting the stuff they did with Don Davis in this context.

See related items
Twisted
~ Hallucinogen
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $14.99 Used & new from $11.32
Used & new from $11.32

See related items
B.P. Empire
~ Infected Mushroom
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $14.99 Used & new from $12.91
Used & new from $12.91

See related items
The Matrix Reloaded
~ Various Artists - Soundtracks - 2003
Average Customer Review:

It would be impossible–and unfair–to expect The Matrix Reloaded to surpass the dizzying special effects, philosophical mind-twisters, and wicked sci-fi mayhem of the first Matrix movie. The same holds true for its… Read more
Our Price: $16.99 Used & new from $6.96
Used & new from $6.96

See related items
The Lone Deranger
~ Hallucinogen
Average Customer Review:
David Kerr, July 26, 2001
Excellent dark trance
Don’t expect to dance to this music - at least I cant :). This is great listening music, and my favorite Hallucinogen release. My favorite songs are Horrorgram and Trancespotter. If you liked these also try to find the… Read more
Our Price: $14.99
Used & new from $11.32

See related items
In Dub
~ Hallucinogen
Average Customer Review:
List Price: $15.98 Our Price: $14.99 You Save: $0.99 (6%)

See related items
It’s About Time
~ Doof
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $15.98 Used & new from $12.43
Used & new from $12.43

See related items
Risotto
~ Fluke
Average Customer Review:

Fluke first gained notoriety in the early 1990s with singles like “Joni” and “Pearls of Wisdom,” songs that infused hummable pop sensibilities into credible underground dance music. Their lighthearted songs and showy live PAs… Read more
Our Price: $14.99 Used & new from $8.50
Used & new from $8.50

See related items
Moment of Truth
~ Man with No Name
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $29.49
Used & new from $23.99

See related items
Furious Angels
~ Rob Dougan
Average Customer Review:
Rayner Tooth, June 27, 2003
Cool-what more can I say?
This is an absolutely superb album-pick a positive adjective to describe it,and it will almost certainly fit.The variation is quite subtle (not meaning there isn’t any),but there are songs on the album to suit nearly every… Read more
Our Price: $19.99 Used & new from $18.11
Used & new from $18.11

See related items
Matrix Revolutions
~ Various Artists - Soundtracks - 2003
Average Customer Review:
Daniel, November 6, 2003
Don Davis’ Matrix Masterwork
Now the third piece in an outstanding body of work, Don Davis (with a little help from Juno Reactor) has constructed a golden, dynamic symphony. The amazing talent and technical ability that this work demonstrates is… Read more
Our Price: $13.99 Used & new from $7.99
Used & new from $7.99

See related items
Furious Angels
~ Rob Dougan
Average Customer Review:
From URB Magazine
(Cheeky/Warner Bros.) Best known for the classic “Clubbed to Death,” two versions of which feature here, London-based Australian Rob Dougan’s debut LP mines a similar groove without ever re-hitting such anthemic heights… Read more
Our Price: $14.99 Used & new from $6.99
Club price: $11.99
Used & new from $6.99
Club price: $11.99

See related items
Underworld (Original Score)
~ Paul Haslinger
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $14.99 Used & new from $12.91
Used & new from $12.91

See related items
Legion of Boom
~ The Crystal Method
Average Customer Review:

Crystal Method’s Legion of Boom lives up to its title, dropping blasts of thumping samples, catchy riffs, and dependable grooves. But as with previous records like 2001’s Tweekend, a chaotic, industrial darkness lurks around… Read more
Our Price: $13.98 Used & new from $9.99
Used & new from $9.99

See related items
Tranceport
~ Paul Oakenfold, Tranceport (Series)
Average Customer Review:

Of all the genres within electronic music, trance probably gets the worst rap. The music is guilty by association with the hippies that worship it with a religious-like fervor. And if executed poorly, its dramatic crescendos… Read more
Our Price: $13.99 Used & new from $10.99
Used & new from $10.99

See related items
Trip Through Sound
~ Va-Trip Through Sound
Our Price: $15.98 Used & new from $6.60
Used & new from $6.60

See related items
Once Upon a Time in Mexico (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
~ Robert Rodriguez, Various Artists - Soundtracks - 2003
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $13.49
Used & new from $14.95

See related items
Born Too Slow
~ The Crystal Method
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $5.98 Used & new from $4.47
Used & new from $4.47

See related items
Afterall (Single)
~ Delerium
Average Customer Review:
Our Price: $6.99 Used & new from $4.49
Used & new from $4.49

See related items
Mezzanine
~ Massive Attack
Average Customer Review:
Amazon.com essential recording
The third full-length release from Massive Attack is a taste of the future of pop music–a future where precisely engineered events can be seamlessly partnered with the subtle complexities of a human voice. Since their first… Read more
Our Price: $13.99 Used & new from $8.99
Club price: $9.99
Used & new from $8.99

See related items
Mirror Conspiracy
~ Thievery Corporation
Average Customer Review:

Washington, D.C.'s Thievery Corporation purvey a very mellow, deliberately international mixture of sounds that might be called “lounge music”–not in the kitschy sense, but in the sense of a laid-back local bar (much like… Read more
Our Price: $13.99 Used & new from $11.32
Used & new from

Originally posted by Charlemagne
[b]Voodoo Glow Skulls!

POCKETO MONSTA! [/b]

YES!

Thanks for the input, Zep!

Sinistral have you heard Juno Reactor’s song “Pistolero”? It’s on the Once Upon A Time In Mexico soundtrack.

Yeah I have, it is one of my favorites. It owns!

Long live The Black Mages :yipee:

You know what’s cooler than the black mages? the black wizards. I am the black wizards to be correct. Emperor \m/

Okay. I only care that Nobuo Uematsu plays in The Black Mages.

Great that you have pride with it though.

The black mages is nothing to SSH.

Originally posted by Sinistral
The black mages is nothing to SSH.
you’re welcome, jerk! runs away crying

"See related items
Mezzanine
~ Massive Attack
Average Customer Review:
Amazon.com essential recording
The third full-length release from Massive Attack is a taste of the future of pop music–a future where precisely engineered events can be seamlessly partnered with the subtle complexities of a human voice. Since their first… Read more
Our Price: $13.99 Used & new from $8.99
Used & new from $8.99
20. "
Future of pop music! kills self Its trip hop you bastards! or so I’ve been told thats it’s genre. How far in the future is meant? Cause only one song “teardrop” got airplay around its release if i remember right. I think the furture of pop music will sound something as evil as the kidz bop crap, i hate kids singing(probably like any other sane person would…).
I love that “clubbed to death” song ^ _ ^

Originally posted by Merlin
Sinistral have you heard Juno Reactor’s song “Pistolero”? It’s on the Once Upon A Time In Mexico soundtrack.

Ahh… I knew I had heard it before somewhere! Makes sense that it’s from that.