Mr Bean to possibly play Lord Voldemort

http://www.chud.com/news/jan04/jan07rowan.php3

This one is really starting to spin up the Internet rumor turbine, so take this one with a heaping dose of NaCl for the moment. According to IMDB (the bastion of factual news), fantastic physical comedian Rowan Atkinson has been cast as the great and horrible Lord Voldemort for the fourth Harry Potter movie, The Goblet of Fire.

While not exactly the imposing physical presence that some of us expect, I’m still glad to see Rowan Atkinson’s name attached to a large role. It remains to be seen whether Atkinson can portray a being of malice, his physical ability lets him trade on his talent for this role.

For the uninitiated, Lord Voldemort is the big bad of the Harry Potter series. He has appeared in each book in different incarnations, but he is seen for the first time in his true, human form in Goblet. Potter fans seem pretty well divided about which book is better, between the third (Prisoner of Azkaban) and Goblet of Fire.

Wha…?! O_o
Hahahahaha! That idea is SO funny! :hahaha;
Well, let’s see what comes out of it.

It’s not like it’s unheard of… he is Blackadder, after all. If it is true, I’d like to see if he could go that extra step from cunning to malicious.

this would be cool… but I don’t think it would add to the movie… better have a real badass play voldemort…

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_853507.html

I should have followed my own advice regarding movie rumors and looked up other info first. Rowan denies he is playing Voldemort =)

Yeah … let’s have that guy who plays the villain in “Highlander” do it. As an added bonus, he sounds like Dr. Claw from “Inspector Gadget.”

Oldman should have been Voldemort…

I saw Mr. Bean in Chicago once. I pointed at him, and he made that strange expression at me, and then he walked away.

Xwing1056

At least its a good comedian, not like will farell or someone like that.

But why even use a comedian to play a villian?

Robin Williams?

Originally posted by Devillion
[b]At least its a good comedian, not like will farell or someone like that.

But why even use a comedian to play a villian? [/b]

Doesnt matter cause as I said above - its not true =)

haw!

Kickass!

no he had a nervous breakdown or something
at least that’s what my uncle says… not sure he is telling the truth. Why you ask? cuz he’s Belgian… duh:thud:

Originally posted by Pierson
Oldman should have been Voldemort…

I have a little trouble picturing Oldman as anyone in Harry Potter, except for Wormtail, when my parents and I were talking about Harry Potter and the Fifth Element (I know it’s strange for those two topics to be together in one conversation but my family is weird) we came up the idea that Oldman would have been perfect to play Wormtail.

Originally posted by Sapphire Falcon
I have a little trouble picturing Oldman as anyone in Harry Potter, except for Wormtail, when my parents and I were talking about Harry Potter and the Fifth Element (I know it’s strange for those two topics to be together in one conversation but my family is weird) we came up the idea that Oldman would have been perfect to play Wormtail.

He is playing Sirrus Black and I think he will do a damn good job at it =)

Oldman would shine if you stuck him in the crappiest film in the world with worse dialogue than Star Wars Episode II. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Pierson
Oldman would shine if you stuck him in the crappiest film in the world with worse dialogue than Star Wars Episode II. :stuck_out_tongue:

\agree

Oldman is one of the few actors that can make a crappy movie somewhat bearable =)

You know…

Think about who played the spirit of Tom Riddle in the second movie.

Mature him by some 20 odd years, have all those alterations done to the face…Mr. Bean might just could make a suitable LOOKING Voldemort.

EXCELLENT. I’m a big Rowan Atkinson fan. Those of you who only know him as the mostly silent physical comedian behind Mr. Bean are in for a treat. If you’ve ever seen any of his work in the Blackadder series, you’ll know he makes a great villain. If he were to sign on, I’d immediately be very keen on seeing this film.

Damn, too bad this isn’t true. Got me all worked up and excited…

No no no no no no…
Not good at all. covers her eyes no no no no no no no… ;_;