Monster Hunter: Best online action game about a caveman who kills monsters ever

This game rocks and its control layout is really cool. The camera is controlled with the D-pad, movement is with the left analog stick, and you fight by moving the right analog stick. It’s a little hard to get used to, but it works really well once you get the hang of it. The different weapon types correspond differently to the movement of the analog stick, which adds a little bit of variety. I’ve only used the sword so far but I can definitely say that linking together combos is tons of fun.

The way you put together a party and get missions is reminiscent of PSO. You make a group of four and talk to a village chief to get the missions. The objectives are about what you’d expect from a game like this (collect items, kill a certain monster), but it works. Offline play is possible, but not nearly as fun as online. Also, the complete lack of plot is made up for because you kill things for their bones and can make pants.

To get new weapons and armor, you can either buy them or make them. It costs a lot less to make them and some things can only be gotten that way, but materials can be hard to find.

Overall, it’s a fun game and definitely a must own if you have a network adaptor on your ps2. There’s a lot more stuff I could talk about, but I don’t feel like it. I’d also make this post sound less jumbled and retarded, but I’m tired so deal with it. I doubt any of you will actually care enough read my summary, so I guess just comment on what you know about the game.

Hey, you know what is helpful? Internet Links.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914914.asp

There. just a single link, but leads to many links. It has a low score, but I know of a couple of magazines already that have given it good ones that aren’t listed.

Edit: A link to Metacritic. Also a bunch of different reviews that come together in one set for a single review. A bunch of links to previews and stuff too.