Metroid: The other M

Let’s wait and see. To be honest, Fusion was so well-made I didn’t have time to protest about the linearity.

Fusion was an amazing game

Every Metroid game other than 2 (i haven’t played that one) that has come out has been fucking amazing

You stupid fucks

Metroid 2 was a great game as well, despite internet protestations.

I just need to go buy it

Metroid is perfection in gaming

If you play it using emulation, there’s a color patch as well. It’d give the game a different atmosphere though. That game seriously scared me back then.

I hated Metroid 2. The music was too… I dunno, freaky, the enemies and graphics were too organically disturbing. It’s the one game in the series I have no intention of ever playing again.

I absolutely get where you’re coming from and it’s probably the best compliment to the game. It certainly scared me when I played it young. I’ll be replaying it sometime, thanks to the wonders of DS emulation.

Btw here’s a rendition of the main theme, one of the few non-scary ones. (Stemage version)

Metroid 2 really had some good atmosphere, that’s for sure.

Though the game was really not suited to the Game Boy, it was clear the team was trying to do things that the Game Boy just couldn’t handle, which were fully realized in Super Metroid (Samus’ ginormous sprite which took up most of the screen, for one).

Going from the original Metroid to Super Metroid, it seems like quite a leap. But when you play Metroid 2 you can see where a lot of progress was made and where a lot of ideas came from.

Oh yes. Just like Zelda LA had to be inventive with the map to fit secrets in a cartridge, while games like Tetris (obvs) or Solomon’s Quest meshed with the system.