Meet-up

So, my marching band got a catered meal by the Varsity about a month back when our team played GA Tech… I can’t say anything nice about the burgers, but holy SHIT at the onion rings! They must dip them in the bathwater of angels or something; I took someone elses onion rings 'cause they didn’t want them and savored every circular delight, eyes rolling in esctacy.

All that and I didn’t get heartburn or anything.

So now I can say that I DO actually enjoy something at the Varsity… other than those horrid chocolate “shakes”…

I live in Upstate new York, just half an hour from Rochester. and I’m FINALYL bothering to get my license soon (after five years of not giving a damn), so I’d be willing to travel. I already have plans to visit GG and give him a comraderie punch to the midriff.

I think it’d be cool to meet up with you guys at some point.

Heh, I also live about the same distance away from Rochester… I think there are some others too. I remember talking about this before - somebody went to either SUNY Buffalo or SUNY Oswego.

I live in Canandaigua, in ontario County. How about you, Curtis?

Go to school at Geneseo.

I’m in Toronto. I could do a road trip down to New York some time for the weekend. My only free spots so far is December or March.

We could organize a NY state one, or use it as a jumping point for an East Coast one or something.

Give him one for me too Val p:unch::.

I’m in Buffalo, but since I don’t drive, meeting people would be kinda hard. I would be really neat though.

I wouldn’t mind a face 2 face as well. Too bad I don’t drive either. :frowning:

yeah lets meet in nebraska

It’s times like these when I don’t like living in Sweden.

Oh well, Sweden has Weiila. :slight_smile:

Rub it in, why don’t you. :too bad:

I have Sal :smiley: Except he lives like, half a country away or something. Oh well.

I think I’m getting the hang of showing people around town what with tutoring and other orienting things. At least this summer I didn’t see or hear any tuba players. Next person to experience statues of meese and getting hopped on caffeine? :slight_smile:

Germany, anyone? I live in Bavaria now, not far from Munich. Yay oktoberfest. <.< oh, and culture of course.

Come to Ireland. My family is large, we have many couches.

I grew up in Forsyth County…well just south of it in Davidson County, but only about 15-20 minutes from Wake Forest. I’m in Morrisville (near Durham/Raleigh) now. My folks and brother still live in WS and I go back pretty often. I haven’t posted here much lately so you likely have no clue who I am, but I’m always up for meeting fellow geeks.

I thought you had to reserve a place to sleep months before Oktoberfest.

Cavelcade, heh.

I, for one, relish the idea. I live near Syracuse, NY. I know the thread hasn’t been posted in for a while, but I’m hoping that people still want to do this thing.

I have a good friend going to Syracuse. If you ever see her, I need you to give her a slightly-awkwardly-foreful-friendly-buddy-punch-on-the-arm from me. Since I am too sick to accurately describe anything, but as my friend you cannot escape this duty, your only recourse is to do this to all women you meet, and for that I am sorry. I would do the same for you.