Mardi Gras funtime riot

Ok, this weekend I visited San Luis Obispo for Mardi Gras weekend since I have some friends that live down there. So on Saturday night we head out to check out all the street parties that are going on. At first it was very similar to last years parties, TONS of people hanging out, lot’s of drunkies yelling for women to take off their shirts, good clean fun. :stuck_out_tongue: And like last year police were scattered everywhere watching to make sure people weren’t starting fights or peeing, and for a while they were willing to just let the party take it’s course since things were fairly under control. Then a group of morons decides it’s a good idea to start throwing beer bottles at the patrol cars…
The police decide to pack it up and drive off with all the missiles flying at them, and after a few minutes we decide to find another area. Right as we’re leaving we see a squad of riot control police armed with what we later figured to be paintball guns filled with pepper spray (I guess this explodes and leaves a cloud because we got some of it later), luckily we were just heading down a side street and the police marched past us straight into the crowd, we decided to leave when we saw clouds of what looked like tear gas.
We find another calmer area and partied there for a while, eventually we left and came out of a side street into a large two way street. We start walking only to find people coming the other way who warn us not to continue, they point to a roadblock in the direction we were heading and say the police were firing pepper spray. This was confirmed when we all started feeling the effects of it as it drifted down.
Right as we begin walking away from the roadblock yet another riot squad moves onto the street we were on from the other end of the sidestreet we entered the street on. It then occurs to me that this squad is CHARGING US.
Luckily it was just my friends and I plus a few other groups so there was no mass of people. Everyone immediately flees the riot police who herd us down about five blocks running the whole way. As I’m running I take stock of my situation, I’m fleeing from riot squads who I can’t believe are STILL chasing us, I can hear the pepper spray guns being fired on some nearby street, a chopper is circling overhead and using a searchlight, tear gas is visible, and people are everywhere. I felt like I was involved in urban warfare.

But, as I was running, for some reason a quote from the Robin Hood movie pops into my head. I laughed and at the top of my lungs yelled out “To the trees!”

Bad cops! no doughnuts for you!

Well…I’m glad you didn’t get gassed or shot. Yikes. O.o

And glad that nobody in uniform though “hmmm, they’re running, they must be guilty! they started it! Get 'em!”

That’s what you get for going into crowded places. Crowds are scary >_<

“hmmm, they’re running, they must be guilty! they started it! Get 'em!”

The police are actually allowed to do that because of a recent Supreme Court ruling :\ (that is, pursue and question running pedestrians).

The problem with that ruling is that if you’re caught, how do you prove you weren’t running if you get arrested and abused by overzealous police officers? They can just say you were resisting and running.

How do they prove you were running in first place?

Let’s just say the law has 8 million loopholes, is not as simple as it seems here, and leave it at that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by ClothHat
But, as I was running, for some reason a quote from the Robin Hood movie pops into my head. I laughed and at the top of my lungs yelled out “To the trees!”

See, this is why you rock.

There are three kinds of cops:

1. Policemen, who genuinely want to help and are friendly.
  2. Cops, who just want to do their jobs, they may be pricks.
  3. Pigs, who use their position as policemen as a power trip. Yay.

I don’t have enough information for what kinda guys these riot police were.

And the bottle throwers… those fucking idiots. I really do hope that they got what they deserved, even if its only pissing their pants because the cops arrived or whatever. Did any of YOU piss your pants? =D

You should have shouted that you were a criminal justice major! =p

Mardi Gras is just dumb.

What is ‘Mardi Gras’?

The day before ash wedsenday (which marks the start of lent…the 40 days of giving up something bad so you have more time for God in your life), when everyone gets out all their “bad” before needing to be good for the 40 days.

Of course the people who go to Mardi Gras are never good, and therefore are just partying for the sake of being the f****** morons they are. (no offense to CH, he wasn’t part of the chaos)

Mardi Gras is fat tuesday or something i think.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]There are three kinds of cops:

1. Policemen, who genuinely want to help and are friendly.
  2. Cops, who just want to do their jobs, they may be pricks.
  3. Pigs, who use their position as policemen as a power trip. Yay.
    [/b]

Uhh, yes there are nice cops and mean cops just like every other profession on Earth, what’s your point?

Fat Tuesday biatch, a day where you can consume several thousand calories in a single pastry.

What an eventful weekend you had.

Originally posted by Epicgamer
Fat Tuesday biatch, a day where you can consume several thousand calories in a single pastry.
Hey i just increased my cholestrol gags

Originally posted by ClothHat
Uhh, yes there are nice cops and mean cops just like every other profession on Earth, what’s your point?

Lets just say that I’ve met very few “police.”