Mantantei Loki Ragnarok

I just got finished watching the first 4 episodes… While a couple things are pretty ultra typical (ditzy Mayura, cute animal thing) I thought it was an interesting show. (with the main character being the Norse god Loki exiled to earth and running a detective agency) My question was… are there more episodes beyond this, or did the show get cancelled?

22 more. I’ve only seen the first episode, but I liked its sense of humor (doesn’t look to take itself too seriously, despite the dark backgrounds and all).

As I now know that you’re up for watching fansubbed anime, allow me to suggest Scrapped Princess. It’s a fantasy show put out in 2003, full-length, that’s serious but has a sublime sense of humor as well. It’s about a girl, the younger of a set of royal twins, who in prophecy is declared as the destroyer of the world (when she turns 16, at least). It ends up being a fantasy/sci-fi mix in the same vein as Star Ocean EX, but a little more serious and refined when it comes to comic relief (no odd wooden barrel fetishes in this baby).

And if you want some good laughs, try Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, which is completely unique. It’s somewhere between Excel Saga and FLCL in franticness, but without Excel’s annoying factors and making more sense then FLCL. It is also 26 episodes, with a 6-episode followup series.

<i>Edit: Also…YAHOO!!! for there being another Kare Kano fan. Just had to get that out.</i>

It’s rare that I laugh outloud at anything. But Karekano did it for me… It just has the perfect balance of all the elements (love, comedy, melancholy). And also, I saw some aspects of myself in Yukino… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: waves the “it’s good to be a fan” flag

Sometimes fansubbed anime is better than commercially subbed anime… So of course I’m up to watching it, it just depends if I’m able to get my hands on it or not. I’ve been out of touch with anime for so long that I don’t even know where I would go to find some @_@ (other than my friend… who gave me Mantantei Loki Ragnarok, along with I, My,Me! Strawberry Eggs, and Princess Tutu)

His and her circumstances is absolutely hilarious.

Try watching Da Capo, or Full Metal Alchemist, oh and if you need torrents for Ragnarok…look here : http://bt.base0.net/

It’s pretty nice, but I really wish they’d get rid of that mystery crazed girl.

And Kare Kano rules. Which shouldn’t be suprising, since it’s made by Gainax.

It sounds like someone turned the Salmon Of Doubt into an anime.:hahaha; Have you got a link to some torrents? THis sounds good.

Originally posted by Nightblade
Try watching Da Capo, or Full Metal Alchemist, oh and if you need torrents for Ragnarok…look here : http://bt.base0.net/

Ha. That’s funny. My friend just gave me the url for that site, and said it was a “secret”, because either a friend of hers or a friend of a friend told her he didn’t want the url passed around (as he’s the maintainer of the site). ^^;

Just finished watching Mantantei Loki Ragnarok. Good Anime, but the end was fairly dissappointing.

Why is Odin trying to kill Loki? Why will Loki bring Ragnarok to the human world? What sin did Loki commit that forced Odin to banish him from the world of gods?

I’ll check out Mantantei Loki Ragnarok as well then, thanks for the tip :slight_smile:
Also, Lost universe is rather funny and actionpacked, though I only watched a few episodes.

Originally posted by Astral
Ha. That’s funny. My friend just gave me the url for that site, and said it was a “secret”, because either a friend of hers or a friend of a friend told her he didn’t want the url passed around (as he’s the maintainer of the site). ^^;

Yeah, most of those links should be sent in Pm’s or something, it’s pretty risky to post it publicly, I never do.