Mandatory Fun!

So what do people think of Weird Al’s new album? I think I remember 984 was a big fan of his polkas, I gotta say, I’m just a big fan of his direct parodies. I think Foil was a pretty great parody of Royals.

Also it’s somehow comforting to know that somewhere Mr. Yankovich is sitting, listening to songs, trying to make a food joke.

I think I was just a fan of Weird Al in general (I think his style parodies are the cleverest). Haven’t really followed him since Running with Scissors (save for White and Nerdy). His eight music videos in eight days is a great way to spur interest again.

Weird Al Yankovich? How old are you!?

Ahem:

Critics who treat ‘adult’ as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

bravo clapclapclap

TBH, I was quoting Big Bang Theory with that post.

Of course that doesn’t mean that I don’t have Tacky tastes.

He stole that from C.S. Lewis.

Or he’s secretly C. S. Lewis’ undead avatar, in which case I’m curious what he has to say about what they’re doing to his buddy Tolkien’s works with The Hobbit.

Congrats to Weird Al on his first Number 1 album!

I don’t think I’d really want to know…

They took what should have been a fun two movie romp (two movies because I am fine with the Appendix/Necromancer stuff being thrown in) and tried to force LotR’s tone on it while creating new stories and characters out of whole cloth for no reason whatsoever.

The animated The Hobbit was much better, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Other than the Goblin cave and maybe the Black Arrow bit, I’ll second the notion of the animated The Hobbit being the better interpretation.

At the very least, Thorin should’ve been an old [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE] Dwarf to better highlight just how much his obsession with reclaiming his birthright has/was going to cost him.

sigh I’ll probably end up seeing The Hobbit 3: Battle of the Five Armies anyways since I’ve already seen the first two and I might as well see how much time they’ll dump into that.

I spent 100k on a MBA when all I needed to do was watch weird al for four minutes

That is pretty much my favourite of the new album.