Man With Plant-Like Growths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DStwXsmZ3OE

This video is a little frightening, although intriguing at the same time. Does anyone (Scientist Sinistral) know what disease/infection this is?
It really looks like something out of a science fiction movie. The growths look painful, but I’m not sure if they are. Either way this guy needs help!

I saw an article about this a while back. Basically they’re a type of warts, and the guy has some rare immune system deficiency which allowed for the growths to grow rampant and unchecked because he body didn’t fight them off.

Wow, that’s really something else. The world is a weird, weird place…

Though, just read the youtube comments. Sheesh, some people.

If this is Dede, from Indonesia, it is HPV, and, thus, warts, like Rinn said.

Is Dede the guy with the bark-skin?

I have no fucking clue what this is. For all I know it could be a hoax.

He’s got a severe case of makeup artistry

Doubtful. First, it’s incredibly consistant in all the pictures of him, second, he’s not the only one. I don’t remember where the picture is, but there’s someone in Rumania (I believe) with a very similar affliction. Also, there’s a type of papillomavirus known as Lutz’ Syndrom or Lewandowsky-Lutz Dysplasia that has similar symptoms to a much smaller extent. It’s hardly the “mystery disease” it’s made out to be, it’s just that any way of treating it, and why his case is so hideously bad, that is a mystery.

EDIT: And here

And this disease is probably how people originally came up with the idea of Treants…

I’ve had nightmares about shit like this o_O

No really, it’s warts. You guys are like months behind on seeing an article about this. Hell, that video is a month old.

Well I appreciate the input. I’m not exactly as up-to-date as some are so the fact that it’s “old” news isn’t a surprise to me.

I looked up the name Dede and found quite a bit on this guy. Pretty wonky condition.

Seen it, but it still makes me shudder. I’m just waiting for someone to make a joke about him being rejected for the role of Treebeard in Lord of the Rings.

shudders Whoa, that’s scary looking.

Seen this long ago, but it’s very disturbing. I feel sorry for the guy, and I hope they can treat him.

My guess is they can’t, if its real.

I find it hard to believe that it’s real. But if it is, I wonder how he got into his clothes. o_o’