Magic the gathering...

kudos to Mabat for making my dreams come true…

Meh, that’s pretty undercostful.

No, not really considering the ability is mandantory. Notice it doesn’t say may, so as soon as somebody plays an instant or sorcery or whatever, Davis and one of your creatures is gone.

Don’t pick up a core set to learn. Download the tutorials from the site or play the MtG online demo and have somebody walk you through it after going through the tutorial.

Don’t buy the beginner set since quite frankly, it’s a piece of shit. $10 for cards that are mostly mediocre at best, and you usually only get one copy of the decent ones. I’ve seen the beginner set, and the cards in it have no synergy whatssoever with each other, so you’d be better off buying a pre-con deck from a core set.

And since you already have cards, the beginner set would be $10 wasted.

Wait…Instants and Sorceries are in play when they’re played? Also, it says instead, so that would mean you dont lose your spell if what you say is true Dai.

I didn’t see the in play part. But either way, it’s not good. They can shock your little goblin or whatever, since red is mostly tiny fast creatures, and you lose Davis and another creature to keep your expendable unit.

The way I read the card you lose Davis and get to blow something else up, since it says “of Your Choice”.

Ugh, yeah, you’re right. I didn’t read it very well.

So it’s safe to say you FAILD?

I’m downloading the online version right now. Worth it? Or completely a waste of time? I really don’t want to spend loads on booster packs, so probably the only way I’ll ever play.

That rulebook is so confusing if you’ve never played…

I learned by watching other kids play, its MUCHO easiero.

Meh, Dai’s right, Davis takes the hit instead of another creature mandatory. But really, it’s the kickass pic that counts.

Gong off-topic, because I have to know, what is that picture anyway? The original parts I mean? Besides Grey’s head.

Originally posted by Pierson
I’m downloading the online version right now. Worth it? Or completely a waste of time? I really don’t want to spend loads on booster packs, so probably the only way I’ll ever play.

If you’re talking about M:tG Online, DON’T. There are so many bugs right now. And you still have to pay to get money for there.

Not anymore. Steve taught me how to play MTG, and I got Apprentice all patched up, so I don’t really need it anymore.