Localization Interview - Thanks!

I just read the interview with Richard Honeywood, and I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it. I found it very informative and entertaining.

I hope that the FFC has the opportunity to do more interviews in the future!

Cid didn’t use my question :frowning:

What was your question?

I’d like to thank you as well, Cid. The review was very informative and interesting. I especially liked the part about fitting pop culture references into video game scripts; I laughed pretty hard at the Macarena Temple joke, really. 8)

Also, I am utterly jaw-droppingly holy crap shouting impressed by the FF1 Bestiary with the search features and monster encounter percentages. I wish I could do the same thing for the WA games. 8)

Pepsi or Coke?

That’s great. :sunglasses: I was really impressed by Richard’s forthcomingness with the information and his getting other members of his team to contribute to it.

I actually had in mind to have a series of interviews with Square employees whose jobs I feel we should know more about. I asked Richard about it, and I’m waiting to hear back from him to see if it’s feasible at all. From what he said the last time it sounded like it might not be so easy to do. 8-\

There’s one thing I don’t understand though. Richard said that he couldn’t comment on Ted Wooseley’s FF6 translation due to “legal issues”. What did he mean?

Um… he wasn’t talking about Ted Woolsey. The question was about “online fan translations” (i.e. hackers), and the game given as an example was FF3j, not FF6. :sunglasses: