Liver Enzymes, Mono, and Hepititus

Fuck them. Get some rest. And how long are you back in this hell hole? :stuck_out_tongue:

Setz, I’m afraid there is no firm connection between the carbon in the glass and your liver’s health. Water in general is good for your liver (and the rest of the body attached to it), and the carbonated variety is good for general health because it (mostly) contains sodium and some mineral salts (is this the right term?), but the carbon gas is mostly burped, and I don’t think much of it gets to your liver, much less that it’d be benefitial since your body’s already trying to eliminate it from your bloodstream via your lungs at every moment. Alright, maybe carbonation makes water healthy by killin some microbes in it, but I still don’t see connection with the liver.

The only way to “easen up” a liver is giving it less trouble to deal with. That is, not drinking too much alcohol, not taking drugs, eating only healthy food etc…

Ren, you’re from Brazil, right? You have pretty good english and typing skills, considering all the brazillians I know can’t type for beans. Didn’t you say before that you played a game called Tibia? >_>

Yes. Carbonated water contains sodium, sulphate (sulfur oxide), bicarbonate (hydrogen carbonate), and flouride (ions). I’m not sure for flourine, but the rest are accepted by the body.

Does the liver need stuffs like citric acid and stuff to heal/get better/et al?

The majority of things you hear like that is stupid bullshit.

And yeah, infectious mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein - Barr virus. Good one, Setz o_O

Well, we don’t really have to learn English at all at school, so people usually don’t put much effort towards it. But in my case, I didn’t really have a choice. There was a stronger force driving my learning.

I’d either put my linguistical neurons in gear or never be able to really understand what’s going on in videogames, since they all come from US here. Thinking back, it even helped me with my career as I aged.

Yes, I do have a Tibia account, but I don’t care so much for it now and even forgot at which world. Like all other MMORPG’s I know… I soon got tired of the “walk long way to dungeon - smash monsters untill run out of healing items & spells - walk long way to town - sell loot” stuff. But if you wanna play with me, I still have a level… Er, I remember it was more than 13, Paladin.

As for the liver, as long as your diet is healthy and balanced and you don’t have anything harmful in your bloodstream, it’ll do its best to recover. Unless you’ve got some serious cirrosis (which is when it’s turned into fat soup, mostly caused by decades of alcohol abuse) or something else like hepatitis, it’s one of the organs with the greatest regeneration capabilities. If you ever read about liver donation, you’ll see that this gland may even fully regrow from 1/3 of the whole piece.

EDIT: OMG THAT’S THE BEST PLUSHIE EVER!!! I’m so buying one for the girl I like if I can find it for sale in the internet!

edit 2: still on the liver… I’m a student of pakua, a oriental philosophy school. We believe that the liver is where you store heaven ki (has to do with acupunture studies). This ki is the one you have when you’re born. It is never regenerated, but rather replaced by earthly ki as people grow old. Drinking alcohol, taking drugs etc. accelerate your body’s consumption of heaven ki, which is used to keep the body regenerating from all kinds of harm & age.

In my martial arts training I’ve recently achieved the level where we start learning pressure points. One of the few I’ve learned is quite near the liver. It’s used for self-defense, to inflict pain without causing any physical harm to an opponent, so as to keep them paralyzed (mostly used to keep immobilized people from struggling).

That’s from a series of virus-shaped plushies on sale over the net, someone posted the link here a while ago.

I had to search for the title. :stuck_out_tongue: Pierson made the topic a while back. Speaking of which, they’ve added some plushies. D:

Glad to know you don’t have Hepatitis, Iz. That was really your biggest threat. But really, you should tell your family that most people with Mono ARE supposed to rest. Humph.

Ren: At least you don’t live in a country where English IS one of the official languages, and it IS a required subject on school and college, yet most people never bother to learn it well enough to even understand Cable TV. :noway: In MY case, it was my obsession with American comic books that led me to learn it so well. Heh, and my family always said that was a waste of time. :smiley: