Live Action Pluto Film in the works

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/23/universal-pictures-to-produce-pluto-live-action-film/

This can seriously go either way.

The only way I can go into this is with cautious optimism.

99% of the time, live action films will destroy the image of any anime/manga they are adapted from! Despite the fact that people say that there have been decent adaptions in the past (none of which I can remember) they have never been truly memorable. I believe that anime/manga was created to express the impossible (to let people live their dreams and imaginations through the use of pen and paper or TV etc.) therefore having actual people act out such ideas seems awkward (to me at least!) and hence that is why it doesn’t work the majority of the time. Well that’s what I think! :stuck_out_tongue:

I myself am fond of Astro Boy (well the 2003 version!) however, I don’t expect too much from this appropriation of it!

I don’t think this will work either, at least not in Live Action. They should do an animated adaptation instead.

Still, Pluto is an interesting way of revisiting an old story and it sounds like it’s handled very realistically (at least in terms of the characters’ emotions.) Tezuka was a genius and Terazawa does a good job too.

Oh and on this side of the World they’ll have to call it something else, because everyone will think it’s a Disney cartoon. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought Disney was doing a live action Pluto film. ie, Mickey’s dog.

^This.

Hi there and welcome to the Agora! :stuck_out_tongue: …just a quick note, you should avoid writing in old threads, you could get in trouble for that.

I bet it’s another spambot.

But there’s no advertising in the signature and the name’s not that awkward. Maybe she is legit?

I hope so, but some spambots have been “posting regularly” first. No lie.

That’s a scary thought! ^^

But I think you’re right… sigh If only we got some exciting new people on the board! :stuck_out_tongue: (Not saying this place is dull or anything… it would just be more lively!)

However the Role Playing forum is certainly drawing the crowds. :stuck_out_tongue:

Look again Helios.

I don’t think that was there earlier. (Wow, spambots editing their own signatures! It’s Skynet’s doing, I tell ya! :smiley: )

I swear that avatar and signature wasn’t there during the time of the post! :open_mouth: I wouldn’t have posted that comment if it was. ^^ Even Wil says so! :stuck_out_tongue:

SKYNET!!! :open_mouth:

How’s that… a spam bot just justified my response as well! :hahaha;

I almost skipped this thread thinking “Wow, that movie’s gonna suck.”

Huh, the Spambot’s posts disappeared. Maybe a mod removed them… or it fled in shame. “Curses, foiled again!” :hahaha;

Now, my post looks misinformed! xD