Let me tell you all a story about a man named Jed.

Buddy Ebsen, aka Jed Clampett, died yesterday morning.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030707/ap_on_en_tv/obit_ebsen_14

I was a big fan of the Beverly Hillbillies, and thus I liked Buddy Ebsen. May he rest in peace.

Great actor indeed. He will be missed very much.

Yup. Great actor. YOu know, the old actors seem to be dropping like flies… i.e. Mr. Rogers

Death ensnares all: Hated ones, and loved ones.

I don’t know who Jed Clampett is, haven’t seen any of his shows. But rest asure, he will live on into the enternity.

8(

prays for a safe passage to heaven for the dearly departed Buddy Ebsen

I never saw the show much, but he was the character I remembered when I did. Rest in peace.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Death ensnares all: Hated ones, and loved ones.

I don’t know who Jed Clampett is, haven’t seen any of his shows. But rest asure, he will live on into the enternity. [/b]

Beverly Hillbillies. Still quite popular, though I never liked it all too much.

I have no idea who he is but I pay my respects too.

jim varney who played jed in the movie remake died before the original actor…

jim varney also played ernest…

I use to watch it. Good show and he was a pretty good actor. prays

Buddy Ebsen, Barry White, Buddy Hackett… it’s a bad time for stars with five-letter names starting with B.

Seriously though, Ebsen was an excellent actor. The Jedhat will live forever.

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
Then one day he was shootin at some food,
And up through the ground came a bubblin’ crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol’ Jed’s a millionaire,
Kinfolk said Jed move away from there
Said Californy is the place you ought to be
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is.
Swimmin pools, movie stars.

The Beverly Hillbillies!

Originally posted by Silhouette
[b]jim varney who played jed in the movie remake died before the original actor…

jim varney also played ernest… [/b]

Jim Varney was also a hundred times funnier than Buddy Ebsen. Man I miss those Ernest movies…

A pity. The Beverly Hillbillies is one of my favorite shows.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Jim Varney was also a hundred times funnier than Buddy Ebsen. Man I miss those Ernest movies…

I only saw Ernest Goes to Jail…and it was the STUPIDEST thing mankind has ever produced!

Too bad about Buddy Ebsen, though. I love the Beverly Hillbillies.

… Ernest Goes to Jail is a classic…

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DAMN IT!! I LOVED THE BELVERLY HILLBILLIES!!! WHO’S NEXT?! ANDY GRIFFITH!!! DAMN YOU NULANI!! DAMN YOU!!!

Originally posted by StarStorm
Beverly Hillbillies. Still quite popular, though I never liked it all too much.

Might have helped if I knew what Beverly Hillbillies was. I live in Norway: We take pride in being as backwater as backwater banana republics. At least when it comes to old television shows.

Originally posted by Nulani
Might have helped if I knew what Beverly Hillbillies was. I live in Norway: We take pride in being as backwater as backwater banana republics. At least when it comes to old television shows.

Tell it to me, I can still see Get Smart and Bewitched at 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM on Telefé (One of the three main channels on Argentina).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DAMN IT!! I LOVED THE BELVERLY HILLBILLIES!!! WHO’S NEXT?! ANDY GRIFFITH!!! DAMN YOU NULANI!! DAMN YOU!!!

I hope Andy Griffith isn’t next. I loved him as Matlock (though I didn’t care for the Andy Griffith show once Don Knotts left). I hope that Don Adams isn’t next either. He’s one of the reasons why Get Wise exsists. He was so dumb, but he was funny. Maxwell Smart and Inspector Gadget both r0x0rz.

Heh…I used to watch Get Smart. :hahaha;