Keffy or Sephy?

final kefka was three screens tall, and actualy succeded in taking over the world. I’ll have to go with kefka

Sephiroth could use Supernova, i’m sure Supernova could wipe out 8 Espers easily.

2NDTHOUGH: Whereas Kefka did achieve world domination, Sephiroth would have achieved world destruction, had Aeris not sacrificed her life to summon Holy… now… were Sephiroth’s motives world domination, i am sure he could have take over shinra no problem, Vicious-style, then the world would surely come next.

And Sephiroth had a cool sword, whereas Kefka had no weapon at all (I think). That’s got to count for something.

This is funny, however here’s how it boils down in my opinion:

Kefka had more people hating him (which also helps disproove all of your arguments in whos the better BAD GUY. Damn) so there for did his job of VILLAN better… lol

Also, it goes on personality type:

Kefka is the cynical, witty (or so HE thinks), fruity, dispitefull villan with no room for love.

Where as Sephiroth is the bishonen angsty teenager

I dont care about who’s more powerful, I dont care about back ground, NOR who’s cooler… I care about how they do thier jobs as VILLANS.

Kefka destroyed the world, Sephiroth umm, well there WAS a comet on the way…
Kefka is much more to the point, sneaky, and EVIL.

Just cause he isnt “sexy” doesnt mean hes not better. Get over the bishonen crap.

@Loser: You’re right. Sephiroth could have, WOULD have ravaged the world. But the point is, he didn’t. Kefka DID.

I’m going to have to vote for Sephiroth,because i really never liked kefka that much,being evil just for evil’s sake just doesn’t cut it out for me and i never found Kefka funny with his one liners.

No one here even brought up that as an arguement, so get over it. Don’t just judge the character of Sephiroth off of his fans; and not all of his fans, omg, think he’s a sexy piece of digital animation ass.

It’s fun to pit Kefka and Sephiroth, but you can in NO way compare them. For one, Kefka had little character depth and was just this straight forward lunatic who no, didn’t destroy the world. He roughed it up, but he didn’t destroy it.

To see how they compare as villains you HAVE to look how they progressed as such. If you’re looking as Kefka as a villain, then you’re ignoring everything he did to get there, in his cozy little tower. Likewise, you’re ignoring everything Sephiroth did, where most of his actions were since he never left his crater. And thats quite unfair in my opinion to just look past all of that history and just see what they accomplished. Kefka sacked the world, but Sephiroth/Jenova implanted his/her seed psychologically. He might not have destroyed the world but he fucked over a LOT of people that contributed to the destruction of the earth. And um omg? Do you not remember the ending? Meteor DID fall, and whether it destroyed the world, or combined with Holy to do so, would have been debatable if not for FF:AC. So don’t give us any Sephiroth was an angst-y bishounen because he just WAS possibly the product of a rape, and the mutation of an alien being. I think his character had just cause for going psycho and attacking discreetly and whining about taking the planet back.

I just hate it when people think it’s fun to bash Sephiroth just because it seems like Sephiroth loving i’s the uncool thing to do. Yeah you’re totally above the rest of us FF7 fans because you dislike the antagonist. Brilliant.

Heh, I guess I wasnt really thinking about some of the stuff I said in there, and yeah, your right about most of it.

But I highly doubt you can ignore the ammount of people who claim Sephiroth as the “better villan” of the two based on his looks.

Attitude maybe.

But looks are definately not everything. If looking badass was what described a villian as the best then I’d say the Atma Weapon was the best of all. But thats just me.

And I thought his 1-liners were great, for their time… >_<

I don’t even not like Sephiroth. I just like Kefka a lot better. :smiley:

Instead he chose to let the world slowly collapse sorta of like Lavos. Leaving the people without hope.

You know, i dont find men sexy… so voting on Sephiroth for being a “fine pieace of ass” isnt my reason for voting for him… just thought i’d point that out.

Sephiroth had this aura of badass around him. Even in the little booklet that came with the game (booklets make nice bathroom reading material), the only information given was that he’s tall and a badass. His shroud of mystery and ass-kickery was alluded to throughout the whole game, and I was let down when he never actually kicked ass. He almost wasted the planet, and did ice several people, but his headcount was much lower than Kefka’s.

Kefka was as insane as he was effective. He poisons water supplies to kill women and children, wastes espers with a flick of the wrist, controls the Atma Beast and Goddess Statues, kills the coolest-ever NPC hero General Leo (IMO he was cool, anyway), and actually succeeds in screwing up the world before even in his final form, when he nixes the world of balance. Plus, as someone said earlier, Seph can get killed in one round, while Kefka cannot.

Kefka gets my vote.

I wasn’t saying Seph was any better, I was just backing him up because a lot of people trash him based on his fans, and that totally blows because I really like his character not for the badguy, but for the storylines surrounding him.

And wow I take game manuals to the bathroom with me as well. It’s where I learn how to play.

yeah, they make good shittin books, i agree.

Actually… there were only two FF villains that I actually HATED. Like I wanted to bash their faces in (personally, not through the FF characters) cuz they were so evil. Those two were Kefka and Brahne. The part that got to me with Kefka was the part where he was killing all those Espers with literally no effort. All those Espers coming to help… and he just uses his little spell and alluvasudden they’re all dead. Brahne made me mad cuz she kept destroying everything, killing tons of innocent people, like in Cleyra and Burmecia and Lindblum, and she wasn’t even that cool, you know? Cool people can be evil and I have no problem with it, but if uncool people are evil… I dunno, just makes me mad. Brahne made me more angry than Kuja did. And plus for a long time you didn’t enen know WHY she was doing it, aside from the pure fun.

Anyway, I guess I’ll give Kefka a few bonus points for getting me mad at him. Sephy never made me mad.

Kefka gets my vote.

Kefka all the way. Sephiroth is too Trent Reznor “Woe is me” for my taste. Kefka is also the funniest character I’ve ever seen in a video game.

Kefka’s 10 times better! I love his laugh! Muahuhuhuhuuuhh. But one thing’s a little irritating. When he poisoned the water in Doma, couldn’t he kill Cyan (he SUCKS!) and let Owain or Elayne live?

:mwahaha: Vwe hehehehehehehe.

Seph does get a few cool points for killing Aeris, who is a complete waste of a character, in my opinion. Cloud knows her for approximately two hours, and somehow the whole damn story ends up revolving around said blah of polygons.

Also, the scene where you find the Midgar Zolom that Seph impaled on a tree is very cool. Such grotesque displays of power are rare in RPGs. Too bad the same bloody attention wasn’t paid to President Shinra’s corpse.

That’s about all I can think of in his favor, though. He spends the rest of the game laughing like a shemale on ecstacy, hacking at inanimate objects (this includes Cloud and Aeris), and throwing summon materia or pieces of weak-ass Jenova at you.

Seph had a LOT of potential, but the developers let him down, both development-wise and storywise. I was expecting a final boss fight of epic, Kefka-ish proportions, and instead deflated a balloon with tentacles (Jenova: Death) and a couple side dishes of freako Sephiroth. Bleh.