Katrina didn't have the Stamina, Rita is now uncontollable

Eden wins.

I lived in Mansfield at the time. The eye didn’t get near me.

you can say that again…
speaking in the most seriousness, earth will one day explode in a trillion (or more) tiny bits. the sun will be the natural weapon of destruction. i wonder if we, humans, could be the first ones to destroy earth. i mean, we’re polluting like hell, and doing so much crap and all… it’s awful. as if that weren’t enoguh, hurricanes and all are just as bad.

Cool.

More specifically, I was in Cambridge. I remember trees got knocked down and stuff.

Psh, compared to the various meteors hitting earth in the past few billion years (just ask the dinosaurs), we’re barely making a dent.

Not to say we should KEEP doing what we’re doing, I’m just saying.

We’ll end up freezing all water on the planet with Ice-9.

Then we’ll all be fucked.

We can’t destroy the Earth. We can’t destroy all life on Earth, either. Earth has endured far worse catastrophes than us, and life has survived. We can destroy ourselves, though.

Or I guess someone already said it…

Psh, compared to the various meteors hitting earth in the past few billion years (just ask the dinosaurs), we’re barely making a dent.

they alternate the gender of the hurricane names every year.

Did you here what plan B is for naming hurricanes once the run? They’ll start using Greek letters, apparently.

Hah, yeah. And after they run out of Greek letters even more quickly?

I’m worried about the tornados that could result from the hurricane. The house I live in doesn’t have a basement and the biggest bathroom downstairs has a window in it. Not really the best set up for a tornado prone state.

Some people are saying the government didn’t learn a single thing from Katrina. The poor people in Houston can’t leave, and there are major traffic jams that are preventing folks from leaving. The airport is a madhouse last I heard.

Trouble is, some people, as with Katrina, are refusing to leave. One of my teacher’s great-great grandmother’s refuses to leave her house, and if she stays, FEMA won’t help her out, or something like that I heard. A group of senior citizens refuse to leave. One of them said that the roof isn’t going to collapse, and that they mgiht as well stay. It doesn’t make much sense to me really…

After seeing what Katrina did, I do not understand how anyone would refuse to evacuate.

Do they want to die?

You’re not in an area asked to evacuate?

apparently. either that or they’re the fools who’re sitting around going , ah it’ll never hit us. btw, that was a pretty funny bit about hurricane bob. sounds weak…what was it rated?

It was quite a while ago, so I’m not entirely sure what it was rated.

It wasn’t a tropical storm, it was an official hurricane, but it wasn’t too strong. I don’t know, a 2? If 1 is the weakest, it was probably a 2.

i think that for the old people, it’s just more the fact that that is their home, and they don’t know what else to do. if i was a senior citizen, i wouldn’t exactly wanna leave my home behind with so few years left.

I live in a small suburb near Dallas. Central Texas is relatively…safe I guess from the brunt of the storm.

That hurricane probably won’t bother us directly, but it’s indirect effects, like causing a tornado, is a serious problem. 5 years ago there was a tornado that went through downtown Fort Worth. Ripped through the place, they only just finished fixing up some of the buildings last year. But, eh, I’m rambling now anyway…

There was a horrific bus accident that occured: There’s a lot worse than that going on too.