Just so you know-

I am back from Uni and therefore have access to mIRC again. So for all you cool guys and gals who haven’t yet had the Pierson experience, come along to the chat. It’ll be a day you’ll never forget. ^.~

[u]This thread is now for you slackers to figure out how to get around a HTTP proxy. Get to work, you dumbasses.[/u]

Pierson takes no responsibility for injury, death, internal organs exploding, banning or akilling that takes place while in the Pierson experience. Stocks limited, offer only viable for the next two weeks. Patrons with medical conditions are advised to avoid the experience at the risk of massive heart and/or blunt-instrument trauma. Consult your doctor before entering.

Port 22 was blocked too, right?

I have absolutely no idea. They didn’t tell me. :frowning:

We tried to proxy you through me, right?

EDIT: Thinking it twice, this post might have violated some of the forum rules, my bad.

Indeed. Using that putty program, if I recall.

Thought so; nothing I can do then.

I’m behind an HTTP proxy here in Paris and I can still access mIRC so I’m not entirely sure that that is your problem.

He means a firewall, said firewall keeps him from using anything but HTTP.

I’m not sure whether it’s a firewall or a proxy. Probably firewall though since nothing Nulani suggested works. :frowning:

yes, that would make more sense. don’t think there’s any options for ya then, at least nothing legal.

Quick question, what is Uni?

versity.

Considering I don’t understand what a ‘versity’ is, I’ll assume Uni means University.

Edit: Oh shit, now I get it. :stuck_out_tongue: I typed the above before I figured it out, so once I re-read it, I put Uni, and versity together. :smiley:

Nul, does this HTTPort fix TD suggested allow BitTorrent to work?

Maybe, what HTTPort fix?

So, I mean HTTPort as afix to my problem, not a fix to HTTPort.

Will HTTPort allow me to use BitTorrent? If not, will anything else?

Pierson fucking owes me.

Moo hoo ha ha.

Moo hoo?