John Titor

I’ve never heard of this guy, but I’ve certainly found it all quite interesting. John Titor is a time traveller, or at least he says he is. In 2000 and 2001 he appeared on a forum and starting to describe the year 2036, of which he’s from, and give predictions. These predictions include another US Civil War in 2004 or 2005, which will come to an end in 2015 when a world wide nuclear war ensues.

Sure, it all sounds crazy, but keep in mind that this guy appeared before September 11, 2001.

According to him, the Civil War will occur due to a withdrawl of American civil liberties, such as a mass amount of warrentless searches and a gestapo esque police force. That sounds fairly reminiscent of the Patriot Act going into full force.

If nothing else, it is absolutly interesting.

The Story of John Titor

www.johntitor.com

Interesting…

Meh, tons of people make apocalyptic predictions.

Hmmm…

Oh boy, i’ll get to eat hard tack, and get my own muzzle loader

We’ll see. shrugs

Edit: it’s gone 0_o

Old link, but yeah.

Meh, this guy has been debunced so many times and people still believe it - strangely especially at Slashdot.
He’s a fake, most likely a religious one. This isn’t even his only appearance. He’s done it more than once and only kept changing names and small aspects of his story. Most of the stuff he says came straight from an old book “Here comes Apoll” or something like it (can’t remember). Even his photos have been proven to be fake (Photoshop I think).

Prophecies are easy to make. You say some random and vague bullshit, don’t give a real timeframe, and watch people fall into the trap and start believing you because some of the vague crap you said just happened to fit some crap that happened.

I’ve decided to make thing simple, and not believe in the existence of a future and not believe in the existence of a past.

Interesting…

It’s bullshit. Picture 1 is obviously a decorated car. Hell, you can still see the steering wheel.

Originally posted by Sorcerer

According to him, the Civil War will occur due to a withdrawl of American civil liberties, such as a mass amount of warrentless searches and a gestapo esque police force. That sounds fairly reminiscent of the Patriot Act going into full force.

Time travel or not, withdrawl of civil liberties -> civil war sounds like a pretty reliable causal relationship to me.

In some time from now, a president will be assassinated.

It’s that easy to make up some random prediction. Please don’t tell me people believe this shit.

The truth is…he wasn’t sent back in time alone.

Apparently, I’m going to lead America to victory in this big war-thingy coming up, and the enemy sent a robotic assassin to this time period to finish me off before the war. John is hanging out with me protecting me from the assassin. He’s a pretty cool guy, but he snores, which is one of the less-pleasant things about sharing a bed with him.

Just don’t tell anyone, a’aight?