Jerry Falwell Dead at 73

Well I think somone should speak out and say we need to spend a lot less time hating people. And a little more time loving people…

<small>in the butt</small>

love me

<small>in your butt</small>

Most do support the part of the bible suggesting one kills all strangers, though.

I allready do

<small>you in the butt</small>

I wonder if Jerry Falwell would blame his untimely death on the continued presence of homosexuals and abortionists?

Whether you loved him or hated him, he was a player in this country’s politics.
I personally am a Right wing Conservative Catholic and Republican, so I agree with most of how he FELT. But now how he went about doing it.

<small>unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf</small>

And his organization will continue to be.

And that’s exactly why I hate him.

Much like when relief pitchers start coming the game just to throw at people’s heads to “Send a message” and bench clearing brawls begin to break out, Falwell’s being a player has made for a very ugly game.

[Or, for the two of you on this forum who watched Game Five of the Detroit vs Calgary NHL playoff series… Jerry Falwell = Jamie McLennan.]

It will take a lot of time for American politics – and American Christianity – to recover from the damage he has done to them both.

I’ll never understand why McLennan started chopping wood out there.

as for my comment on this thread/subject, I think the most ironic thing I can say is “Let he who is without sin…”

Yeah, who believes Scots will burn in hell? (the same people who believe they all wear kilts apparently). My point was basically that skirts look good on women.

Franzen’s stick got up under McLennan’s mask, at a point when probably the entire Flames was frustrated. Yeah, McLennan shouldn’t have swung, but Franzen embellished the contact. =\ I don’t think it was ever Playfair’s intention to “send a message”, and the reaction of fans on ESPN after was absolutely retarded. :\

<small>unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf I love you Stevey unf unf unf</small>

No cake. I have lied. This is sad. Hopefully, someday.

Falwell was a product of some of the darker undercurrents of American society, not a cause of them. He preached to people who already wanted to hear what he had to say; if not for him, it would have been someone else. That being said, his death won’t change much. Nor did he “politicize Christianity”. He was just a salesmen who bought into a lucrative trend.

I don’t think though Curtis that you can argue he had no impact on the movement. He most certainly helped expand it and bring it away from the fringe and into the mainstream. So I do think he was a “cause” in the sense of expanding it.

Yeah, I guess I just have a deterministic view of history. I think all famous men just harnessed historical forces instead of causing those forces.

well, one hand washes the other I suppose.

As far as I’m concerned, it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. Good riddance to bad rubbish.