I've always wondered

What does this mean when you have it in outlook?

“DON’T DELETE THIS MESSAGE – FOLDER INTERNAL DATA”
“This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system software.
If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
with the data reset to initial values.”

It means the spammers are becomming somewhat intelligent. Even M$ wouldn’t put important data in a position where it’s so easily deletable.

Another thing that’s bothering me is that all morning the last email kept being received, so the last email I’ve received, every time I do send receive I get an exact copy of it again.

Some email servers don’t support some common utilities like Pine and mailx. They then create a file in your inbox to help them deal with your email. That message should stay in your inbox in the server, but not in your computer. If it gets deleted from the server, said server will simply recreate the file.

Sin, your Outlook is configured to download your messages from the server, so that you have one copy of each in the server and in your HD, and then, after you’ve downloaded them all, it deletes the copies that are in the server. Since the folder data gets deleted from the server, it gets recreated. Next time you click on ‘send & receive’ you’ll be restarting the cycle.

One way to deal with it is configuring Outlook to not delete messages in the server. It will still download each one only once. But you will have to manually get in the server and delete some old ones so as to make space fpr new ones (or change your server, for that matter).

Edit: to change your Outlook config, go on Tools->Accounts

Choose your account, then go into its properties. Go into “Advanced” and mark the box where it says something like “leave a copy of messages in server”.

Thanks, Ren. Right now though, its started reloading a copy of the don’t delete “email” o_o.