Issue with Firefox...

So I just updated to the new Firefox. So far it’s peachy, but there’s something I’d like to make it not do.

Let’s say I type “rpg” into the address bar. Instead of just places I’ve been recently that start with “rpg”, I get all the places I’ve been that have “rpg” in it, plus all such things in my bookmarks. I would really prefer that it not do that, but I don’t know how to make it so. Please help.

Yeah, it totally just got rid of all the addresses in my address bar >=|

Double posting so new post gets recognized. First, install this addon:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=oldbar

Next, go to the address bar and type in “about:config”

Ignore the warning and continue. Look for <i>browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped</i> and double click it to set it to true.

Problem fixed :smiley:

I recently (about a month ago) updated Mozilla as well, and I’ve been having problems I never had before:

*sometimes my pages will get “blocked” so that I can’t copy stuff, access bookmarks, etc. (I know it’s Mozilla and not my PC freezing because a “cute” tiny block icon appears where I click.)

*I can’t seem to be able to create folders in my bookmarks list anymore. Has this feature been removed? (Yes, I have tons of old links I like to save. :stuck_out_tongue: )

*Mozilla itself has crashed on me, at least three times so far.

Any advice? Are there fixes for this, or should I just reinstall an older version?

As long as we have this thread, I’ve been having a lot of crashes lately myself. I’ve run a virus scan and deleted a few potentially-problematic plugins (say that ten times fast), but the I still get them.

They tend to come up when I visit particular sites. Quite a few random ones do it, but in particular, I can’t seem to visit www.magicthegathering.com or www.veoh.com without triggering a crash.

Here’s what I got when I asked for “more info” on the error.

It would be easier to indentify if I could see the technical info. For now, I’d search offset 0004ef67 on the Firefox help site and see what it is and work from there.

Edit: Wil, does your’s display the offset number as well?

Double Edit: 0004ef67 doesn’t show up in a search on the support page. Since I don’t know what exactly it is you’re doing when it crashes, I recommend posting the info in the support forum and see what turns up.