Is Frontier Shoujo or Shounen?

One thing that I like to say when I’m convincing my friends to play SaGa Frontier is “It has something for everyone.”
I know that lots of people don’t really pay attention to Shoujo genres vs. Shounen genres when they’re looking at games and manga, but I ask you this:

Is SaGa Frontier Shoujo or Shounen?
This List May Contain Spoilers :hyperven:

Some “Shoujo” Qualities and the quests they’re in-
Bishounen (Pretty Much All Quests)
Beatiful- Yet Masculine- Heroine (Asellus)
Hinted Shoujo-ai and Shounen-ai (Asellus)
Love Triangles (Asellus and a bit of Lute’s quest [the backstory])
Girl Teams (Emelia)
Cute Fuzzy Animals (Riki)

Some “Shounen” Qualities and the quests they’re in-
Mecha (Lute and T260G)
Sentai Fighters (Red)
POWERFUL Mega-Attacks (DSC…)
Demons (Blue)
Bishoujo (Emelia, Asellus)
I-Wanna-Take-Over-The-World (Lute)
Evil Corrupting Powers (Riki)

I personally think that it’s mostly shoujo… :thud: But who knows? It could be both! Or something different all together…

One thing I learned is just because a female makes something does not mean it is Shoujo. Women actually make Shonen. So it could work in reverse.

Although honestly the whole shonen and shoujo things confuses me. There are times I can never really tell which is which. And the lines between the two get blurred more and more.

Perhaps in the future the only difference between Shonen and Shoujo will be titles given to them by creators.

Reverse, eh? scratches head Well, hmm… yeah, I guess you’re right.

Shoujo Kakumei Utena is called “shoujo” (I mean, well, look at the title!) but it has qualities that a guy might like too, such as the battles.

And “Yu-Gi-Oh” is considered “shounen” but girls sometimes love the bishounen in it…

I guess it isn’t really distinct! ^.^