Interesting.....

I noticed this before, but just didn’t post it. but anyway, has anyone noticed that in FF8 in the Triple Triad, the Seifer card and the Squall card cannot defeat one another. Top, bottom, lef, or right, they are equal. Coincidence? Or symbolism of their rivalry?

It probably is a symbolism of their rivalry, maybe showing that neither can defeat the other.

Yeah i thought of that… but then I thought they should have made Seifer harder. he was a simple boss… every time.

I’d say it’s pretty obvious that it’s NOT a coincidence :wink:

I never actually noticed that, well I mean I noticed the cards points were the opposite of each other, but with my style of play they were never used against each other. So I never noticed that one could not defeat the other.

I had not noticed that. VERY interesting.

checks his strategy guide

damn, you’re right… I never noticed. Point up for Square, there. Nice and subtle.

And its rather ironic, considering how much of a pushover Seifer is during the boss fights.

Then again, Squall and his posse ARE jumping him 3 on 1… (cowards…)

Originally posted by Flintedge
It probably is a symbolism of their rivalry, maybe showing that neither can defeat the other.

Hmmmm… Possibly. After all, they keep trying to bust each other’s face all the time, and when they’re not fighting, they’re bickering.