Inspiration is like Cupid's arrow; once struck you are compelled to act.

<center>Chapter 11: Who will be our Hiro?</center>

Hiro was annoyed. It was bad enough that he had to help them get in to the facility, and let me tell you maintaining a field of invisibility around two people for that long was no easy task, but no, they just couldn't be content with that. Now he has to free a scientist and help him escape too. Hiro had half a mind to just leave him here, but Hiro'd said he'd help, and he wasn't the type to break his word.

The lab was a fairly high class place, work benches lined the room from wall to wall, with aisles for walking between every bench, all sized exactly the same. Some benches had electronic devices, others had a near endless supply of drugs and chemicals.

Hiro located the small sphere called the Dagon Core he'd come here to get almost immediately. It was just sitting unattended on a desk near a group of scientists arguing over the hacking into the base's security. Hiro "liberated" the core without anyone noticing.

Then came the matter of Dr. Nanami. Hiro quickly realized he had no idea who Dr. Nanami was, or any idea what he looked like. Luckily for him, it appeared to be standard policy to issue all employees name tags and so Hiro began his long search for Dr. Nanami.

After half an hour of searching and many close calls of people almost bumping into his invisible self, Hiro finally located Dr. Nanami working inside a small room with two guards standing watch outside of it.

Hiro walked behind Dr. Nanami and whispered, “I wouldn’t make a sound if I were you. Seishero should be on her way out of here as we speak, if you want to escape as well, I suggest you do exactly as I say, now stand up.”

Dr. Nanami rose to his feet slowly and muttered, “Are you a friend of Seth’s?”

A strange invisible force surrounded Dr. Nanami making him invisible as well as Hiro grabbed onto him, “I’m currently assisting him in his mad plan to free you, but I am by no means his friend. Now, start walking out of here slowly and don’t make another sound.”

Hiro and Dr. Nanami managed to slip out of the lab without being noticed and get into the hall.

Hiro dropped his field of invisibility as soon as the two of them were no longer in sight of the labs windows and leaned against the wall, obviously tired from keeping the spell going as long as he did.

Dr. Nanami stared at Hiro, Seeing him for the first time and said, “You’re just a boy too, Sorry, What do we do next?”

Hiro handed Dr. Nanami his personal organizer with a map of the fastest way to the roof highlighted and began to speak. Before he could mutter a word he suddenly jumped in front of Dr. Nanami, stones glowing. A moment later the wall beside them exploded sending shrapnel flying against an invisible wall of force Hiro had projected.

After the dust cleared a brown haired girl in a red Kimono looked at them coughing and sneezing. “Like, wow, I totally didn’t expect anyone to be on the other side. Which way is the research lab?”

Hiro’s face looked like it was about to pop a vein as he clenched his fists in irritation and mumbled, “10 more seconds and it wouldn’t of been my problem, just 10 more seconds.”

The girl stared at Hiro for a moment, holding a strange braided-leather cylinder in each hand and was taken totally by surprise when Hiro suddenly blasted her away with an orb of sheer force.

Hiro grabbed a confused Dr. Nanami and pulled him away from the hole in the wall as a blast of fire comes through melting the wall they’d been in front of just a moment before into a smoldering mess.

Hiro started running down the hall with Dr. Nanami in tow as he heard someone jump through the hole behind him. Suddenly an explosion rocked the wall in front of him and he once again threw up a wall of force.

Hiro stared at the two figures who step through the hole and recognized them both instantly, “You’re the two from the hospital.”

Celest and Cory stood in front of Hiro as the brown haired girl stood behind them.

Celest looked at Hiro for a moment, “Yes, I don’t believe we’ve been formally introduced. Now this is interesting, Dr. Nanami is with you. If you surrender him quietly we can forget you were ever here.”

Hiro smiled nervously, “What’s so important about him, if you want a scientist there’s a whole lab full of them down the hall.”

Cory glared at Dr. Nanami angrily and shouted, “You’re the one who developed the compound aren’t you? You’re the reason I’m being slowly eaten alive by the Gregin X, aren’t you?”

Dr. Nanami stared at Cory, “What are you talking about, I’ve never given you the Chemical, and you’d be dead already if it was going to kill you.”

Cory laughed, “Even if you didn’t give it to me, it somehow got into the sewer system.” Cory then glanced at Hiro annoyed and resumed speaking,“I guess Seth and Seishero asked you to rescue him didn’t they, too weak to do it themselves. You’ll have to tell him I’m sorry.”

Hiro looked around around quickly calculating the best way to escape. “I’m afraid I’ll have no reason to say that.” Hiro’s stones glowed white once again and Celest, Cory, and the brown haired girl all grabbed their heads screaming in illusionary pain as Hiro and Dr. Nanami started to flee. Dr. Nanami looked back at Cory concerned but continued to run.

Celest closed her eyes and lowered her hands, barely able to focus with all the pain and chanted quietly, "Forces of truth and cleansing kind, I conjure a mist to clear our minds."As Celest finished chanting a pentagram appeared in the air above them and a white mist poured out entering into the ears and noses of the three Solar members.

The pain was instantly gone and Celest rose to her feet, “Firedancer, pursue Dr. Nanami. eternal and I will capture the research mainframe.”

Cory looked at Celest angered as the brown haired hurl ran after Hiro and asked, “Why did you send her?”

Celest sighed, “I know this is personal for you, But you’re the only one can can capture the research mainframe without destroying it now that Wizard is gone.”

<center>***</center>

Hiro and Dr. Nanami had made little progress. In their haste to escape =, Hiro had made a wrong turn and they had been forced to backtrack quite a way. In this panic, Hiro’s body had been completely consumed by the need to flee, causing him to forget how easily he could of abandoned Dr. Nanami a moment ago.

Firedancer was having a lot more luck. Having contacted ghost for assistance she had received directions to their location until he reached the limit of his projection and she wasn’t letting walls slow her down.

After only four minutes fire dancer had caught up to them. This time, Hiro turned to face her. She smiled at him, holding the leather handles still, 2 whips of pure flame extending from them to the ground. “So what’s a cute guy like you doing in a dangerous place like this?”

Hiro looked rather perplexed. “I could ask you the same question, However, I’d rather not babble on until security arrives.”

Firedancer laughed, “So Serious, I like that, where are you going in such a hurry?”

Seth, Edward, and Seishero ran around a corner and stopped dead in their tracks as they saw Hiro and Firedancer staring each other down.

Fire dancer glanced around as Dr. Nanami noticed Seishero and ran toward her, causing Firedancer to suddenly flare up her whips and jump into the wall to avoid incinerating him. This spooked him in the causing him to back into a wall as a mechanical fist punched through it and imploded his skull. This sent him flying to the the ground as the rubble of the wall buried him. A Human shaped robot with a rapidly sparking head stepped through muttering, “Kill Seth Davis.” In a rapidly altering version of Thomson’s voice.

Hiro stared at it horrified, “Demenstra-Tek built this!”

Firedancer looked at it a look of extreme anger consuming her face, and shouted, “You made me fail my mission you overgrown piece of tin!”

Thomson’s quickly looked at everyone in the hall until he spotted Seth and than lunged at him as Firedancer screamed, “Don’t ignore me tin man!” and unleashed a massive blast of fire at him from her two “whips”. When the flames cleared nothing but ashes and smoldering metal were left of Thomson and The rubble that buried Dr. Nanami.

Seishero stared at the scene speechless and muttered, “Daddy.” before falling to her knees in tears.

Danna walked out of an empty office annoyed, the computer showing the typical Danna++ screen. “What are you all still standing around here for? Demenstra-Tek security van’s are surrounding the building as we speak. We have to leave now!”

Firedancer looked around her nose fidgeting erratically and sighed, “You guy’s don’t mind if I leave with you do you?”

Seth looked at Hiro and asked, “Who is she?” before kneeling beside Seishero and putting his hand on her shoulder, with no idea how to comfort her.

Hiro shook his head in frustration. “I have no idea, she came here with your cousin and that Witch from the Hospital.”

Seth glared at Firedancer, “One of Solar’s dogs then? Why the hell should we take you with us.”

Firedancer pulled a knife from her pocket and drove it through her left palm.

Seth looked at her disturbed, “Um, masochistic tendencies aren’t exactly a trustworthy trait.”

Firedancer pulled a small chip from the tip of the knife, “This is the identification chip I was given when I joined Solar, without it I’m a rogue agent. I was already on bad terms with them, this failure might just push them overboard on me.”

Danna sighed, “If it’ll get us out of here before we’re all dead let’s just take her with us.”

Seishero looked up, wiping the tears from her eyes and sniveling, “Chibi- Miloe said we can trust her.”

Seth helped Seishero to her feet and sighed, “Fine, let’s just get going.”

<center>***</center>

A few minutes later they all arrived on the roof to find a giant blimp waiting for them, moving with a strange bubble jet propulsion. The plank had been lowered to reveal Science Man in full costume staring down at them. “Hurry up and get in we have to leave now.”

Hiro looked at the blimp nervously as the others boarded it and muttered, “I’m definitely not riding on that. Be seeing you all.” before he disappears and the sound of footsteps heading toward the edge of the roof can be heard. Once everyone’s on board the blimp takes off full speed blasting past the badly organized security forces below them.

End of Chapter 11

Next time, on the Videospirit Origin Story: Return to Normal

I’m planning on reading this one day VS, is seems wonderful from what I have skimmed of it.

Yes, I’m still writing this… I’m just really fucking lazy.

<center>Chapter 12</center>

Seth looks around the blimp curiously, without straying from Seishero’s side, as Science man looks everyone over, his eyes jumping from face to face, taking in the whole of the group that had gathered here. “It would appear things did not go as you planned at all.”

Seth’s eyes glance sharply at Firedancer. “It would of been okay if Solar hadn’t shown up, because of them, Seishero’s father-”

Firedancer shoots back, cutting him off, “Don’t blame your inability to protect him from that freak robot on me.”

Science-Man, finally taking note of firedancer looks at her sceptically and asks, “Who are you anyway?”

Firedancer turns back to Science-Man, and bows politely. “I am Amy Kurosaki. An Ex-Solar member code name firedancer.”

Science-man sighs, “You people really know how to get yourselves into trouble don’t you? What are you going to do now?”

Seth looks at Seishero protectively. “I’d like to get as far away from Demenstra-Tek as possible. I want to try to live a normal life again, where Seishero isn’t in danger.”

Firedancer hears this and laughs haughtily, stretching her arms casually, and replies to Science-man calmly. “I’ve got a fair bit of cash saved up, I might travel for a while, and see the world. Maybe you could hook me up with some alternate Identity, you seem like the geeky type.”

Science-man coughs at this statement and releases another sigh, muttering, “Nothing but trouble, the whole lot of you.”

Edward takes a moment to stop staring at Science-man entranced and suck up to him. “I apologize if my friends upset you sir, please don’t think badly of us. Danna and I are going to stay here, we don’t really have any traceable connection with Demenstra-Tek and it doesn’t make any sense to just get up and leave.”

Danna pats Science-Man on the back smiling, and giggles, “Chill out S-man and live a little. I’ve got a little gift for you.” Danna throws a disk to Science-Man. “That disk has all the project data from the lab, I tried going through it myself but It’s really boring.”

Science-man smiles at the disk for a moment, his imagination taking off before sighing sadly, “It’s a shame none of this can be used in a court, but it may prove useful for tracking down some of their smaller operations. I’ll see what I can do for you all.”

Outside the blimp suddenly lands in the middle of the street, wheels appearing from the bottom and contacting the ground as the balloon is drawn into the roof to create the outside appearence of a city bus. The bus turns into a parking garage and goes down the basement levels and through a holographic wall. The wall seals up behind them. A moment later they pull into one of Science-man’s hideouts in the city.
Science-man turns on another computer and connects to his network, “The problem with getting away from Dimensta-Tek is the organizations everywhere. They’re firmly rooted in all English speaking nations, and their intelligence network covers the entire planet.”

Seth throws his hands up in the air exasperated, “There has to be someplace where they won’t find us.”

Science-man frowns. “If you stay in one place long enough, they will find you. There might be one place they can’t act though. Holm state is an extremely Christian state, perfectly tolerant of outsiders who don’t publically oppose these beliefs though. They are however extremely opposed to large corporations and government influence in their little state, they say it degrades family values. Dimenstra-Tek has never been able to become established there. This won’t completely prevent them from mobilizing a strike force, but it’ll certainly make things more difficult. The capitol, Proxy I believe, is the most difficult place for them to deploy.”

Seth listens intently to every word and suddenly jumps at the mention of Proxy. “My dad lives there!”

Science-man looks nervous, his voice taking an apprehensive tone as he responds, “I see… that could make things more complicated.”

Seishero perks up smiling, “We can stay with Dubby-Dub’s daddy.”

Seth looks at her sadly. “I don’t think it’s that easy…”

Science-man suddenly smiles. “Actually, that may be an excellent plan. If your father hasn’t been informed of your “death” yet, that would give you a safe place to stay once you get there.”

Seth frowns in a dissaproving way. “Since it takes 3 weeks for him to check his phone messages, and he never watches the news, I doubt he’s heard by now.”

Science-man nods several times and smacks his clenched fist into his palm. “I suppose we have a lot of work to do.”

<center>***</center>

A balding man wearing dirty clohes laying on a sofa finally wakes up rather irritated. His phone had been ringing non stop for the last 2 hours. He’d tried to ignore it for the first hour, and eventually fell asleep. This was the third time it had woken him up and he finally decided he had two options, pick up the phone, or unplug it. So the man crawled to his feet, taking care to step over the old pizza boxes, instant noodle cups, and papers scattered around the room, and make his way to the phone.

“Hello there, Aren Davis residence, what is so bloody important you’d keep calling every 15 seconds for the past two hours?”

“Dad! I finally got through, I was starting to get worried, have you been paying attention to the news?”

Aren’s face contorts into a minor twinge of guilt before he replies, “Not recently, does it have to do with why you’re calling me?”

Seth’s voice speaks the phone again, “If you had you might of noticed some terrorists blew our city block up and a mass murderer was running around downtown. IT was all over the news down here. We were all out when it happened, but we’ve got no house for the time being. Mom and sis are staying with a friend, but they’ve barely got enough room for those two. I was wondering if I could stay with you for the time being.”

Aren Davis stands still, silent for a moment, taking this information all in and letting it settle before speaking again, “I see, I suppose I could do that. Things are really getting nuts in that town aren’t they? Can I speak to your mother?”

“Sure, Just a minute. Mom! He wants to talk to you.”

The sound of a second reciever being picked up is heard as Mrs. Davis’ voice comes over the phone. “Aren, you there?”

Aren tenses up slightly, gripping the phone a bit more tightly. “Hey Lin, how are you holding up?”

“Oh it’s just awful, There’s nothing left of the house. Police are everywhere trying to figure out how all this happened. I should be okay though. Jody is playinh with some friends. She seems to think this is all a game.”

“Seth seemed calm over the phone, is he doing alright?”

“Yeah, he’s a real pillar of support right now, but he should get out of this town for a while to relax. I’d leave myself, but I can’t just quit my Job.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve got space over here. Do you need me to come pick him up?”

“He said not to worry about it, he’ll take the train. Do you need any time to prepare? The sooner he gets out of this place the better.”

“This place is a bit messy, but he come anytime he wants.”

“Thanks. There’s a train out tommorrow. Oh and there’s one other thing. I hate to be a burdon on you but Seth was hoping he could bring a friend with him. One of the neighbours Kids. Oh it’s awful, they were both home when the fire started. The poor thing has nowhere to go.”

“I suppose I can make room for two until things settle down. Tell Seth it’ll be nice to see him again. I only wish it was under better circumstances.”

“Thanks again. I’m really sorry about this.”

“Don’t be, it’s not your fault. Just take care of yourself. Goodbye.”

“Bye.”

Aren hangs up the phone, a large tension seeming to lift. Then he looks down at the room and sighs, “I suppose I should at least try and clean up.”

<center>***</center>
Seth hangs up the reciever, sweat covering his face as Scince-man closes the program to shift his voice to sound like his mother.

Edward giggles, “Yeah, he’s a real pillar of support right now.”

Seth combines a sigh and a growl, “I had to say something. It worked so shut up.”

Science-man shifts his glasses, having changed out of his super hero costume. “It would appear he accepted your story. I have the train tickets prepared. My assistant Carmen will assist you in getting a disguise. As long as you’re in Demstar you are still not safe.”

Edward gets out of the rolling chair he was sitting in and looks up at Science-man hopefully. “So. S-man. What do you say about teaming up with me. You can be the hero and I’ll be your side kick.”

Science-man looks annoyed. “I think you should get this notion of being a vigilante out of your head. This isn’t a good way of life. If it weren’t for personal reason’s, I never would have taken up the cape.”

Danna walks in annoyed. “Edward, I thought I was your side kick?”

Edward shakes his head and replies. “You can’t be a proper side kick. Science-man, I can see where you’re coming from but, I’m not going to stop now. I think I’ll train a bit more before going out again though. Now, a proper sidekick has to be there, side by side, with the hero. I watch your back you watch mine.”

Science man grumbles, “That comic book ideology of yours will be your undoing someday.”

Danna yawns, “Well then Science-man, we should probably head home. It might get unusual if Edward and I sleep through school tommorrow.”

Science-man nods, “Alright. I’ll have Carmen give you a ride. Seth, I’d tell you to pack, but I realize all of your possesions burned down with your house. You should get some sleep, there’s a long train ride tommorrow.”

<center>***</center>

The Scene, a train, one seat. A boy in a baggy hoody and pair of blue jeans sits staring idly out the window. His toque and designer glasses with diskman and headphones giving him a typical getto rapster wannabe look. The clinical orange seats drawing away from this image to create a mundane feeling.

The girl sitting next to him doesn’t need much help, wide straw hat, short black hair, above average looks that aren’t brought out by the bland gray flowered dress she wears. Her eyes hidden behind a pair of black sunglasses.

The boy sighs, relief evident in his voice. “Looks like we’re finally out of Rohndor state. I guess the worst part is finally behind us. Maybe we should take off these disguises now.”

The black haired girl pulls a small camera from the pink purse hanging from her shoulder, “We should take pictures first!”
The toqued lad sighs, “I really don’t see the point, but if you want to Seishero it’s okay.”

The black haired girl jumps to her feet and twirls around gleefully shouting, “Me first.”

The boy stands up, “Okay I wonder what my dad will say when we show up. Okay Seishero, smile for the camera.”

Seishero smiles as the boy takes 3 pictures before running up to him and grabbing the camera, “Dubby Dub is next!”

The boy sighs again, this time exasperated, “How many times do I have to tell you my name isn’t Dubby Dub. I’ll only let you take my picture if you start calling me Seth.”

Seishero smiles and snaps a picture of Seth’s streigned face giggling, “Okay Dub- Seth. I’m going to have to call you that in front of your daddy aren’t I? I guess I’ll have to get used to it. Make a happy face!”

Seth smiles as Seishero takes his picture again. “Okay Seishero, let’s go change, we want my dad to be able to recognize me. I guess you’re pretty much stuck with that though. It’s a shame we had to cut your hair.”

<center>***</center>

Toqueless, headphoneless, and 2 eyed Seth steps off of the train, people basically rushing past him in the crowded train station. Seishero joins him as Seth scans the crowd of people looking for his father’s face. A voice suddenly sings out, “Seth, over here.”

Seth looks towards the voice and spots Mr. Davis holding a cart in one hand and waving to them with the other. “Just throw your things in the cart.”

Seth glances from Seishero to the cart and mutters, “I forgot to warn you, my dad’s a bit eccentric. Let’s go.”

Seishero looks at the cart smiling, “It looks fun. I like your dad.”

Seth carries a backpack, and Seishero has a small suitcase. They both quickly make their way to the man. “Hey dad, sorry you had to bring the cart, but as you can see we packed light. Most of our things were lost in the fire.”

Seth’s father laughs, his hand behind his head. “You know me, always doing unnescesary things.” He then looks Seishero up and down before practically jumping out of his body. “Wait a minute, your mom never said your friend was a girl!”

End of Chapter 12