In the before time, in the long-long ago

I was thinking the same thing. =(

Aww, its ok, I still love you, Hiryuu

I know what its like for everyone to stop caring about me.

You just ripped off Mick Foley ripping off the Rock. :frowning:

Good to see I was PWNZORIGIGOZING people back in the day too. Notice how that was the end of discussion? God damn right.

Man the internet used to be so ugly. How were we ever enticed to that crap?

http://web.archive.org/web/20011231004412/pub61.ezboard.com/brpgclassics.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=zeppelin

Haha…oh man, I used to be a math/cs major. Those were…so not the days.

Well, you guys visited the forums back then, I didn’t. I was freaked out enough by all these new people talking to me on ICQ (Rast, Bahamut, Jim, Blizzard, MannyD, etc), the boards were simply overwhelming to me at the time.

And, based on the <A HREF=“http://web.archive.org/web/19990429170053/http://www.rpgclassics.com/”>oldest entry in the wayback machine</A>, mine was one of the first 9 shrines, before the Chrono Trigger or Suikoden shrines (which is implied in the site history, though I do recall Dark Paladin being on staff working on something, and Drakee was also here working on an FFIV shrine). However, I know at least ArcticKnight’s DW2 shrine and Rast’s Lufia II shrine were finished after mine, so I want to say that my DW3 shrine was the 7th shrine on the site (following Rast/Macc/others’ FFV shrine, Rast’s DW1 shrine, Jim’s FF2 and 3 shrines, Bahamut’s FFVI shrine, and Macc’s M&M 3 shrine). Though, I’m not sure if Jim’s FF23 shrine had been finished when DW3 was finished, and I know that FFVI wasn’t finish (as I’d taken it over and mentioned on that page that I was working on it). I may have feasibly joined with as early as the 5th shrine. Of course, these are RPGC shrines that I’m referring to, not the then seperate-but-equal AtmaGames “shrines”.

I recall originally joining the site cause I’d seen the link to it at Zophar’s Domain (while a little old then, the FFV translation patch was a pretty hot item emulation wise back then, and RPGC had the most complete FFV strategy on the net). I had been having a particularly bad day and e-mailed Rast (as webmaster) about how this site could hardly be called RPGClassics since it had so much FF information (FF2 and 5 were done, 6 was underway), and no DW information (Rast finished the DW1 shrine right as I started work on the DW3 shrine). Surprisingly, he e-mailed back and said that I should do it myself. Thus, I made a DW3 shrine. It was fairly complete, so Rast sent me a copy of FrontPage 98 (which was used to upload pages at the time… -_-), and I added it to the site, officially becoming staff 1/1/1999. What a great story.

(No, I don’t particularly care if someone updates/fixes the join page with this new information that I put together with a little reasoning, I just wanted to type it out before I forgot it again. :P)

[edit]

Looked at that page again, and the DW1 shrine apparently wasn’t done yet… Upon trying to remember, I think the FF3 shrine may have been done though, but I’m not entirely sure. So I could have feasibly had the 4th complete shrine… 3rd if the M&M3 shrine hadn’t been finished yet. It’s hard to remember what was and wasn’t finished, but I had never thought I was in the first 5 before just now… O_o

[double edit]

Now I realized why. I’m counting complete shrines now, which is how we currently sort things. We didn’t then, we just had stuff, and they were always works-in-progress, with their own update pages and everything, which you rarely see on modern shrines. So, yeah, I was probably like #6 or 7. Still pretty damn crazy.

Lol! Atma Games! Too bad the link doesn’t actually work :frowning:

Snigger

My copy eventually arrived (and then I sold it when FFChronicles came out in america… yeah, I was a chump for importing it before it came out over here…), but those updates never did. I didn’t really want the FF6 shrine, but with Bahamut not having any free time, the options were for someone to take it, or for it to disappear forever. Ironically, it ended up disappearing forever in the great deletion, and zeppypoo made one from scratch (at least, I think it was from scratch. I don’t think anyone had a backup of Bahamut’s FF6 shrine which I did about 35 minutes of work to).

Wow.
Even though I wasn’t around back then the nostalgia in this thread is enough to choke you to death. O_o

That’s right, and if you give us even half a chance, we’ll do it, too.

Zeppelin basically transfered the Atma Games FF6 Shrine (which was more complete than Bahamut’s anyway) to RPGClassics. So he didn’t really build one from scratch (well he did, but previously for Atma).

Sigh, I miss the old boards, they were so much funner than this one, less noobs too,