In need of help from the experts

Well, storyline is a must. I really pretty much suck at video games no matter how much I play them EXCEPT for your typical turn based rpg. I tend to be really good at those. Graphics are pretty high up there, as is music. For instance: I’d play neverwinter nights more if it weren’t for the craptacular music. Something not too long, as another problem with NWN is that I stopped playing for my month long field excersize and when I came back I couldn’t remember what was going on! Compelling characters would definitely be a good plus, also.

Deus Ex
System Shock 1 and 2
Omikron: The Nomad Soul

I’ve never played Omikron, but Deus Ex and the System Shock games are fucking AWESOME. First person shooter RPG. Really fun, good immersion, and you have plenty of choices on how to do things in both games so tons of replay.

For graphics and music I have to recomend Grandia 2. If you want an action rpg try like omega said Tales of Symphonia (If you want you can set it so that everyones on auto and tell people what to do). If you decide that you want another turn based rpg I always find the original Breath of Fire to be fun.

Oh and Ikaruga. Not got a great story, but it’s a fucking awesome and fucking HARD game.

Maybe this is a sign that you’re getting older and need more rest. I do the same thing very frequently with games that I love anyway. :smiley:

I dont’ want to get old. ; ;

:kissy:

Morrowind.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Any Tales game (the most recent is Tales of Symphonia)
Any Star Ocean game (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is the most recent, but I’d recommend Tale sof Symphonia over this)
The Secret of Mana if you don’t mind going back a couple of generations

Say it ain’t so!

I highly suggest Disgaea as well. While the story isn’t really serious or engrossing, there’s enough comedy in the game to make it interesting. Also, although it is turn based (Your side goes, then the enemies), you decide which of your characters to use and when, in other words, your character’s turn is not decided by something like a speed stat, although there is one in the game.

Also, consider Phantom Brave. It is turn based and turns are based on speed but unlike other SRPGS, there’s no grid and the way you deploy characters is really interesting.

Great, now I feel like some old fogey.

lol, you’re not some old fogey; you just think like one sometimes:P

Yeah, and I was about to reply the same thing as Vicki. :stuck_out_tongue: We’re not old fogeys. :frowning: