I'm about to chuck this computer out the window. LITERALLY!

Man, this not going to correct pages, constant 404s, constant other random errors, not fully loading pages, loading pages improperly, etc. has pissed me off so much, I’m about to open my Window and just chuck this evil machine. I don’t even have enough hope to reformat my omputer since that didn’t fix my problem before. My virus scanner is up to date and my ad-ware detector is up to date, but neither detect anything. This thing is gonna make me go insane. I gotta find the problem.

EDIT: I’ll just be browsing theforum hear and I’ll click on a thread and I’ll either get a 404, go to CNet (despite never going to CNet), go to some random page, get some bizarre errors, actually go to the damn thread. Also, the URL stays the same which is strange. In fact, I can suaully refresh after a couple of minutes and it’ll all be good. In fact, sometimes it’ll try to go to thread on another website, so of course I get their 404 too. I’ll also get the “Default Plesk” page too. It sucks.

You have a bug in IE, its not ure whole computer as you think.
Since it is taking you to random sites, i think you might have a corrupted urlmap program. probley have to reinstall it.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems you already ran spyware detection stuff.

The problem might not be on your end, Infonik. The problem may be that your computer is being routed through a DNS server that’s having problems. Since you’re in the Marines, I’m going to assume you’re stationed on a military base and use their ISP. Check around the base and see if anyone else is having the same problems you are.

Originally posted by Green Mage
The problem might not be on your end, Infonik. The problem may be that your computer is being routed through a DNS server that’s having problems. Since you’re in the Marines, I’m going to assume you’re stationed on a military base and use their ISP. Check around the base and see if anyone else is having the same problems you are.

This is my home computer. I rarely browse the web on base (except when I was in NC). The thing is, even though I’m hooked up to a router, my computer is the only one having this problem. None of the others are.

Sounds like you have a bugged OS.
Tried a different one?

I’ve used my laptop and it doesn’t have the problem. I’m also using Netscape right now and it isn’t giving me problems…so far. I may have to wait a couple years until IE7 comes out to use IE on this computer. However, Netscape doesn’t do all that I need it do, so I’m stuck with it. Normally if it was one program giving the problem I would jsut reinstall it. However, I’ve already reformatted my computer which did nothing and IE so embedded into Windows, I want to avoid that since it could mess up Windows in the process.

You should try Mozilla Firefox. It seems capable of all the things IE is.
So you haven’t tried installing a different OS, and you haven’t tired to install Windows using a different CD? It could very well be that the CD constains a Windows installation with a corrupted IE.

Originally posted by Nulani
You should try Mozilla Firefox. It seems capable of all the things IE is.
So you haven’t tried installing a different OS, and you haven’t tired to install Windows using a different CD? It could very well be that the CD constains a Windows installation with a corrupted IE.

I’ve reformatted with the CD before and it has been fine. I’ve had the computer for a year and a half now. I have a XP Pro, but it doesn’t let me get updates off the updates page. I’ll try Mozilla FireFox…