If I like...

Death Note and Cowboy Bebop, what should I look into?

Man, CB is like nothing else. Have you seen the movie yet? It’s good

Gungrave.

Well I would suggest… Black Lagoon.
I liked it, but hey that’s me. See for yourself.

Yes and yes. I agree its like nothing else. Its partly why I like it. I would say Samurai Champloo is as close as anime will ever get to it. I didn’t find it as good as CB though. It lacked depth.

I’m Seconding Black Lagoon.
Some that I’ve really liked along the same lines as those are Trigun and Darker than Black.

Let me personally take a second to say Trigun is almost NOTHING like Cowboy Bebop. Here’s the only two similarities of CB and Trigun:

1. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun both revolve primarily around gunfights. I would even say that the first half of Trigun’s action sequences are about as good; the second half is a bunch of bullshit.

2. They’re both ‘western’. That’s what I hear a lot of people cite as a similarity, but CB is western like ‘the western world’, and Trigun is western like “Wild Wild West”.

That being said, who knows if you’d like Trigun? I hated it for being lighthearted and silly with mostly-realistic-looking gunfights in the first half, then becoming emo and about fighting crazy aliens in the second half. But if you’re looking for something even remotely like CB, do NOT watch Trigun.

Black Lagoon I third.
Samurai 7 may also be worth checking, even if the intro ‘fight’ is kinda wtf-inducing.

Devil May Cry might interest you too if you did not check the anime serie yet, it’s actually surprising. Liked it alot, game and character knowledge is a plus for this one.

If you like the mindgames of Death Note, Code Geass might be worth checking a little too. But it’s not on the same levels.

Those are the ones that come on top of my head…

Monster.

Do you REALLY want SINISTRAL, who is studying to become a DOCTOR, to watch THAT?

Well, I guess there wouldn’t be any risk since he’s going in research and not practice…

(I think QP has all of it on our server at home too)

I actually do intend to practice, just not full-time. I am curious to see what drew Zero’s reaction though…

Short story synopsis, nothing superspoilery, it’s shit you’d know just reading the back of the DVD case/manga cover (actually, it IS from there)

Dr. Kenzo Tenma is a young Japanese doctor working at the Eisler Memorial Hospital in Düsseldorf during the 80s. A highly accomplished brain surgeon, he appears to have everything on his plate: a promotion in the offing; the favor of the director of the hospital, Heinemann; and Heinemann’s daughter, Eva, as his fiancée. However, Tenma grows increasingly dissatisfied with the political bias of the hospital for treating patients, and seizes his chance to change things after a strange massacre brings the twins Johan and Anna Liebert into his hospital. Johan has a gunshot wound to the head and Anna keeps muttering about killing, and Tenma decides to operate on Johan instead of a prominent politician who arrived afterwards. Johan is saved, but the politician dies. Tenma loses all his social standing and Eva as a consequence. However, Heinemann and other doctors in Tenma’s way are mysteriously murdered, and both children disappear from the hospital soon after. The police suspect Tenma, as he benefits greatly from this turn of events, but they have no evidence, and so can do no more than question him.

At this point, the story advances to nine years later. Tenma is now the Chief of Surgery at Eisler Memorial Hospital. However, he is about to come face to face with a sociopath - a sociopath that he helped save.

Heheh, I heard about Monster awhile ago. Never saw it though. CB, Trigun, Code Geass and Death Note are all ones I’ve seen. XD Hmm…Black Cat(pretty sure that’s the name, but my brain is fried right now) is pretty good, but it’s not much like CB except for gunfights, soo…you might not like it.

sigh Wish I had all the Death Note volumes(not the anime, but the manga).

Monster sounds pretty interesting. May have to give that a good watching. I have seen CB, Trigun, and Death Note though. Still watching Code Geass (kinda makes me wonder about that show sometimes…). As for Samurai Champloo, that show was kinda hit-or-miss with me. Some of the episodes were pretty good, but others really annoying. I can’t really reccomend anything other than what everyone has said.

Read Gantz.

Edit: Also read Berserk.

----SINISTRAL-----

I saw 2-3 episodes of Gantz and swore off the series. This is the kind of DBZ-style go nowhere worthless anime about god-moding I can deal without. I did greatly enjoy seeing the dog go and eat out the girl’s vagina though. I had called that to happen and it did much to my surprise. God that was funny.

Oh p-lease. Naked chick with big tits + dog that likes to smell crotches = ? Anybody could’ve seen that coming. :stuck_out_tongue: I thought this part was disgusting and out of place, RARGH! But I totally agree about Gantz in general. I couldn’t stand more than the first 5 episodes and didn’t feel like wasting my time on more. -_- I hope the manga is better, but somehow, I doubt it.

I said read, not watch. The anime blows all kinds of ass compared to the manga. And while I’m at it, go read the FMA manga as it branches off into a different story line (a better one) after Hughes dies.

I rather prefer the FMA anime to the manga. The manga’s not bad by any means, but the anime provides a much better reason for the homunculus being what they are.

Here’s something you might like:

Perfect Blue

You can watch it for free on Youtube, albeit in several different segments. Just type in “Perfect Blue part 1” in the youtube search engine, and then click on the username of whoever hosts that to get a list of all the parts.

Yeah… he might like Pefect Blue… but it is nothing like Cowboy Bebop, or Death Note.
For starters it is a film not a series… and more importantly it is a complete mindfuck. Nothing like Cowboy Bebop or Death Note.

Oh and Curtis also I think most people know where to find things online to watch… and how to use YouTube. Just so you know.