I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

I work at a Best Western near Disneyland (I’m doing it until I graduate). The guy relieving me was running really late (no big deal since I had my laptop). Anyway, he gets there 45 minutes late and we just talk like normal. Shortly afterward this lady comes in saying that she wants a room. The guy tells her the price and she says fine (hell she said she was rich and owned the Long Beach Memorial Hospital). She says how she’s been driving around and no hotel will take her money. I think that this is strange, but don’t dwell on it. So the starts checking her in and she takes out two $1 bills and says to take it out of that. Well, the guy said that the room was “one twenty nine,” so I thought maybe she just misunderstood (but who really thinks you can get a hotel room for $1.29). He tells her that it isn’t enough and she takes out another dollar. During this whole time she was giving a “hurry up and check me in look.” She was also getting increasingly frustrated as she took out more $1 bills and kept referring to them as her “millions.” By this time we knew that she was not joking at all and that she serious. She then gave us two credit cards (both of which declined) and she said that she had 50 thousand on one and 100 thousand on the other and couldn’t understand why they declined. Then she kept reaching in her purse pulling out a grand total of $37 and still didn’t understand why we didn’t check her in. She eventually left peacefully. The guy and I had a good hour long laugh after that.

hahaha, always gotta love the retards. :smiley:

I don’t want to hijack your thread but I’ve got some pretty crazy stories meself from my time in the customer service industry… I’ll have to post them if ya don’t mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

"I don’t want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don’t tell truths. I tell what ought to be truth. "

I don’t think she’s clear on the concept of credit cards.

(I realize I ought to know these things – though Lord knows I only use a debit card – but what exactly dose “declined” mean in context?)

That is pretty funny, but at the same time it’s not. It sounds like that woman had some sort of mental illness or disability. Hopefully she gets help.

…Honestly, i do find this hard to believe it seems so stupid. Clearly someone who’s has just leap off the cliff of reality towards the depths of happyland. Awesome story though.

“Declined” can happen to any card. It means that we aren’t able to get an authorization to charge the card. It can happen because the card just doesn’t have enough money on it or it can happen because the bank only allows so much money to be taken out at a time or a day. Also, it isn’t just that she doesn’t know how credit card work, it is that she doesn’t know how money works in general. I can’t even begin to comprehend how she thought $2 was 2 millon dollars.

Gila, my thoughts are the same as you.

Feel free Shinryu. I just posted this because it was so strange and if I had heard the story from the guy working after me, I would have thought that he was exageratting or something.

Well then. :3

I had a customer call me a pedophile once. She came up to the deli counter with her 5-year old daughter, who immediately proceeded to sit down on the shelf in front of it.

Well, the mother didn’t like this- she tells her daughter to “get off.” When she doesn’t, she tells her daughter… oh let’s see, “that I’ll come out with a big stick” that “she can see my big stick from there”, that “she’s seen me use it before”, and oh, here’s the big kicker, “I use my big stick to chase after little girls who sit on my thing”

Exact quotes all, 'cept I switched it from her first-person to my first-person cause I’m telling it now :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got like a dozen more of these… you’d think that going grocery shopping means it’s open season on sanity or something :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sorry, I got stuck at Disneyland.

That was not funny, but then it really was. I needed to laugh a little!

That woman needs serious help. o_o; Wonder if she escaped some kind of hospital. Or maybe someone tricked her into thinking her money really IS worth that much. Who knows. If she really has a condition, it isn’t really that funny at all.

Not all. Then it’s HILARIOUS.

I fail to see where. :stuck_out_tongue:

Insanity and delusions of grandeur are rarely the equivalent of happyland.

If the subject is unaware that she’s totally nuts and is happy otherwise, I don’t see how not.

They’re God’s little jesters. If you don’t laugh, you’ll make baby Jesus sad. :frowning:

Wait a minute… You had a MAN “relieving” you? That’s gross.

Rarely is that the case. In most situations these people act the way they do because they have supreme inner turmoil, not to mention their moods and manners are as unpredictable as a drunk driver. One minute they may be happy and in a blissful mood, but that is almost always counterbalanced by an extreme depression or agitated mood.

If I’m wrong then there’s not much else to say, other than I have not heard of anyone in a permanent state of happyness. Everyone has their ups and downs, and when the highs reach sky level then you can be sure that the lows are cavernous…

Just to play devil’s advocate, maybe they were million dollar bills, and you were just confused after a long day at work.

There’s always the possibility that she was just pertending to be an idiot in an effort to deceive you.

Especially since million dollar bills aren’t even made. Well, considering the guy that relieved me had just woken up about 30 minutes before, I guess that was a long day and he could have been tired.

Well, then her daughter did nothing for the cause since she ws getting frustrated with her mother. Hell, our first thought was that she ws just messing with us. However, when it went on and on, we realized it wasn’t a joke. Her facial expressions and voice also showed that she was serious. Hell, we were both ready to laugh when she first did it.

However, I don’t doubt the skepticism since your guy’s thoughts would have been my thoughts too if I hadn’t seen it and was just told the story. I would have thought that he missed something or was exageratting.