I will also be gone for three weeks...

Come on people, jump on the new bandwagon!..

OK, seriously…
I will be gone three weeks because of my summerwork/camp/school-thingy…

I will be at some education camp (which seems really cool) and I will get paid to be there XD

So see ya in three weeks…
… … … If I survive that long without you…

I once worked in one of those places. Ended up playing D&D with children for a few weeks and losing my shoes. Was fun.

I want to go away for three weeks to a camp that contains D&D peeps and shoe stealers. ;_;

Seeya 'round, 'freak. :wave:

Ha så kul!

I’ve never been to a camp. I think. Oh, I have so…

Back when I turned in applications for stuff, I worked as a camp counselor. Unfortunatly, so many kids today are engrossed in video games that camp doesn’t really seem to do it for them, but they’re there anyway. So this kid was talking about how he was stuck in Windwaker, so I told him what to do and wrote it down for him so he’d remember when he got home. Suddenly this kid won’t leave me alone about anything and everything. I’m no philosophical genius despite playing one on tv, but he was trying to debate with me the validity of curse words and such - which is just fine except that I was trying to play in a Staff vs. CIT Baseball game at the time. Having some kid trying to have a discussion with you while playing first base isn’t a great thing. He was also always trying to talk to me about anime, and if anybody knows me then they know that I don’t really like anime at all. So I kept trying to divert him…

He was an annoying kid, and almost destroyed my interest in being a camp counselor ever again.

Anyway, camp’s pretty fun, and it’s way more fun when you work there, because basically you goof around, make sure kids don’t kill each other, make kids laugh and have fun, sit on your ass, eat, sleep and get paid, which is basically what I’d be doing anyway. Minus the getting paid part. So much goes into being a camp counselor that it’s actually sorta daunting. I had to go through a two week staff training course, which included life saving techniques, anti-homesickness activities and prevention methods and all this other stuff. I was interested in how much goes into creating the psyche of a camp counselor (for example, a lot of the time the camp directors work to get us to mold together as a group of people who like each other and all that, but more specifically to get us into that peppy cheery mood that camp counselors seem to be renowned for).