I went to a Halloween party last night..

…and someone came dressed as Big Boss. Anybody seen any good video gme costumes around?

I dressed up as a gameboy once.

The costume was constructed largely out of wood. Suffice it to say that I had a major fucking headache afterwards.

Wooden gameboy? Huh. Did everybody know what you were? The Big Boss guy said he was sick of being called a pirate.

Amazingly, they did.

Lol, its funny cause its true. But people here arent really game-savvy here so Ive never seen anyone dress up as anything but cliche things like ‘pirates, whores, and witches oh my’ except for this one dude who dressed as the mask a long time ago, very awesome! I was planning to dress as the ‘orange’ label box from Metal Gear Solid but I lost the magazine where it had the site with the label available. It was a pretty easy costume.

He said I was the only one who knew who he was. He walked by and I asked him what he was and he said “I’m a video game character”. I looked at him and, already knowing when he walked by, I asked if he was big boss. He laughed and gave me a shot for my intuition.

Go me.

I was rather offended in a freshmen party when everyone asked me if I was a Samurai when I was a NINJA, FLIPPING OUT, KILLING STUFF AND BEING A MAMMAL! :frowning:

Good thing those pirate chicks had done their research into both realultimatepower and naruto!

I’ve never SEEN many but I’ve been a few. :wink:

I was Raccoon Mario once as a kid, shortly after the game came out. More recently, I’ve been Mario again, Black Mage, Kefka, and Zappa from Guilty Gear over the years.

Ah, Halloween, the only time of the year where cosplay is acceptable…

I haven’t seen any. However, at the UGA/Mississippi State game, the MSU band played video game music during the halftime show. Halo, Mortal Kombat (well, movie music there (their drummers DID do the MORTAL KOMBAT yell though)), Super Mario, and Zelda. For Zelda, they formed the Triforce on the field.

A long time ago a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume had been passed around among my brothers back when it was cool. Although I don’t think I wore it myself.:bowser:

One of them also dressed up as Pikachu once or twice, but that was it for the most part.

I once dressed up as Mario, my sister was Luigi. We were very little, but my (insane) neighbor called my sister an evil crossdresser.

Not related, but this year I’m going to go as Calvin when I pass out goodies to the little trick-or-treaters (and perhaps a party if my girlfriend goes). They’ll have no idea who I am! :smiley:

Originally Posted by Genericangstyposter
Not related, but this year I’m going to go as Calvin when I pass out goodies to the little trick-or-treaters (and perhaps a party if my girlfriend goes). They’ll have no idea who I am! :smiley:

Where is Hobbes?

Ritalin killed him.

My girlfriend is going to be Hobbes, actually. I figure when he’s 22, he’d probably visualize Hobbes as a woman, too. <_<;

You WILL get us pictures. That sounds absolutely awesome.

Unfortunately, no I won’t. Sorry to those that expect, but I don’t even have a working camera, nor do I have a girlfriend who wants to have her picture on the internet. I’m not being a dick, I’m just telling you that it will not be possible.