I was playing a little FF7, and i noticed something about Aeris.

I don’t recall that characterization either. Unless living in sector 6 is in and of itself enough to brand someone a street-smart survivor, I guess.

It’s right after Cloud and Aerith escape from the Turks, she basically reassures Cloud that she’s been giving them the slip for years on her own, and maybe somewhere during the series of Sector 6 shenanigans she also hints at her independence (its been awhile). Regardless though, these are lies as she needed Cloud to assist her from the Turks, and then they succeed anyways right afterwords because your party is distracted by the failing to prevent sector 7G from getting buried alive. Buried alive…

Maybe I slightly exaggerated the game’s suggestion that she was anything other than your typical JRPG Princess.

No, Aeris WAS supposed to be though under that cute exterior; remember the scene where she (and Tifa) scared Don Corneo into revealing Shinra’s plans by threatening to crush his nuts?? Although I think they went too far in that scene, I must admit it was forkin’ hilarious. Especially coming right after the “Cloud in drag” part where (if played correctly) you can have him ALMOST kiss Corneo.!! Man, that was the weirdest part of the whole game.
:hahaha;

As I said, the game simply has issues, which is why I favor a remake- not just for the glitzy new graphics, but to explain a lot of things.

I too would strongly support that, as long as they didn’t actually change what happened in the original game. But I could def. go with a few/a lot more cutscenes to explain some of the plot confusions.

Say that to Sephiroth :mwahaha:

If anything, that might prove she was WAY too self-confident. (And as I’ve mentioned here before, I find her going to summon Holy alone the biggest wallbanger of the game. That’s another thing that NEEDS to be explained.)

The best explanation I can think of for that was that she knew that Cloud would fuck it up and not get Holy out in time so she had to apply that final touch that only a force ghost could provide.

That said, Galuf did the force ghost thing better (since it involved him garr’ing the fuck out all up in X-Death’s face and didn’t involve the game’s big macguffin being made of fail and lose).