I was abducted by aliens.

So… after a Navy-induced all-nighter on Friday, I finally manage to hit my rack first thing Saturday morning (about 8:30ish). Next thing I know it’s 5 AM on Sunday.

There is only one possible cause of me missing an entire day - I was abducted by aliens. They must’ve been really sneaky about it too for nobody else to notice.

In any case, I have twice the work to do today, since I missed all of yesterday :frowning:

Sweet. Well, not really casue you have to do more work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awww… did you have any assigned work on saturday the Navy will be pissed for you missing? I’ve never heard of anyone sleeping 21 hours straight o_o. Were you hungry?

Did they probe you?

That’s the problem with all niters, you can’t go to sleep or you sleep through work/school/army. That was quite a Rip Van Winkle though, 21 hours!?

I know people who that has happened to: Not the alien abduction part, but the sleeping for an entire day part. The cause was sleeping pills reacting with allergy medication. And considering what they put into military rations, the cause could easily be something similar.

Or you could just have been dead tired.

Do you have any scars that weren’t there before, or maybe you notice an urge to assimilate people? If so, I guess you were right after all.

I have an urge to splut people, I’m not very friendly most of the time, I prefer to be by myself, and I have very unusual obsessions, but that’s normal (at least for me).

I have slept 20 hours or more before - it normally happens when I miss an entire night’s sleep when I already have a high (greater than 24 hours) sleep debt and I don’t have to get up for anything. I can usually tell when it’ll happen actually - I hallucinate the night before and have problems with dozing off while standing up.

Sleeping all day though is kinda cool actually - I have all kinds of neat dreams (too bad I can’t remember them most of the time, save that they were neat (and usually involve dragons in some manner)).

Anyway, it’s not my duty weekend so I didn’t miss any Navy work, but I do like to do lots of DD2 work on the weekends.

You just blacked out, somtimes I black out for weeks.

Well, can your alien abduction story beat out this?
Most likely you slept for two days. It happens, especially if you’ve been working to hard.

Sheesh man, that can’t be good for you. So, did the aliens give you anything for beinga good sport?

You were abducted by aliens? Good for you? Did they teach any new skills, like how to make up better excuses!?!?

:ulty: DALTON, YOU’RE LATE!

Sorryy!!

:ulty: You’d BETTER have a good excuse THIS time!

I got abducted by aliens and given telepathic powers! Now I’m a crimefighting superhero!

:ulty: Well jeez, why didn’t ya say so in the first place?

Man, the longest I’ve slept is 16 hours straight. One day I hope to sleep 24 hours.

I’ve done that. It’s pretty weird - when you wake up you don’t really know what time it is or what day it is or anything.

Hell, I’ve gont to school after being up all night. It’s craaazy.

Originally posted by Rast
[b]I have an urge to splut people, I’m not very friendly most of the time, I prefer to be by myself, and I have very unusual obsessions, but that’s normal (at least for me).

I have slept 20 hours or more before - it normally happens when I miss an entire night’s sleep when I already have a high (greater than 24 hours) sleep debt and I don’t have to get up for anything. I can usually tell when it’ll happen actually - I hallucinate the night before and have problems with dozing off while standing up.

Sleeping all day though is kinda cool actually - I have all kinds of neat dreams (too bad I can’t remember them most of the time, save that they were neat (and usually involve dragons in some manner)).

Anyway, it’s not my duty weekend so I didn’t miss any Navy work, but I do like to do lots of DD2 work on the weekends. [/b]
I know what that’s like, but I have this habit of having nightmares when I miss a night of sleep, so I tend not to miss entire nights of sleep anymore.