I pity you all...

I could buy it and play it on my uncles X-box, if I wanted to, which I dont.

Originally posted by Infonick
XBOX Live my friend, XBOX Live. Updates are already planned.

<ul>
<li>I dont want to purchase another item when I already have what I need here
<li>Very doubtful that it will be released in aus anytime soon
</ul>

Also a question: Is Xbox live like the PS2 Network adaptor; Broadband only?

Originally posted by Rudora
[b]<ul>
<li>I dont want to purchase another item when I already have what I need here
<li>Very doubtful that it will be released in aus anytime soon
</ul>

Also a question: Is Xbox live like the PS2 Network adaptor; Broadband only? [/b]

Actually, XBOX Live is $50 a year (buyign the headset and disc are included in that price). XBOX Live in boradband only unlike the PS2 network adapter which accepts both. XBOX Live is priced very well for all that it does. However, companies can charge extra fees if they choose to as with Phantasy Star Online.

I’m not insulting you guys, I’m just saying that there is a lot of unjustified hate towards the XBOX. Also, I pity you because you are missing out on such a great game because of that hate. Besides, I’m not being a snob about it.

Riiiiiiight. Don’t pity anyone, then I won’t call you a snob. You can tell us how great a game it is, fine, that’s good because it DOES look like a good game. However, pitying the fools that don’t like the Xbox simply makes you look like an egotistical Xbox lover, which I know you aren’t. (Egotistical, I mean)

Besides, I did say that the GC whores weren’t much better, and SC2’s best installment is shaping out to be the Xbox, due to Link’s blatant overpowering and the PS2’s crappy secret character.

First things first: I do not hate X-Box. I do believe it sucks, however.

Secondly: Are you referring to the 2nd SC or SC: Ghost? And what is this secret character?

Thirdly: I have a GC. Got that first because of SSB:M, Metroid Prime, and Animal Crossing. I then got a PS2 for the later installments of FF and Contra (I’ve met 3 people who remember that game).

Fourthly: I do not have an X-Box for two reasons: Most of the games are (as said previously) not exclusive. Cash deprivation is also another. Having 2 out of the 3 next-gen consoles still isn’t bad, however. KoToR is something I want, but I’m looking to buy it for PC.

The SC2 he mentioned is Soul Calibur 2, not StarCraft, and the special characters, unless I’m wrong are Link on the GameCube, Heiheichi(spelled wrong?) on the PS2, and Spawn on the X-Box.

This is great, we’re having a pissing contest about consoles. I would buy an X-box but I have no money and none of the games, not even KOTOR appeal to me. And the GCN is an excellent system, in my honest opinion it is the PS2 that is lacking in game selection. But hey, thats my opinion…not yours.

Originally posted by Igatona
[b]Riiiiiiight. Don’t pity anyone, then I won’t call you a snob. You can tell us how great a game it is, fine, that’s good because it DOES look like a good game. However, pitying the fools that don’t like the Xbox simply makes you look like an egotistical Xbox lover, which I know you aren’t. (Egotistical, I mean)

Besides, I did say that the GC whores weren’t much better, and SC2’s best installment is shaping out to be the Xbox, due to Link’s blatant overpowering and the PS2’s crappy secret character. [/b]

Oh my GOD! You are reading WAY to into my words. I say I “pity” since most of you will miss out on a great experience because of a unfound hate for the system it is on. I could had said “I feel sorry for you all”, it means the same thing, but maybe you wouldn’t be such a jackass about it. I’m not being egotistical and arrogant. I’m just saying that you are missing out because you don’t like a system. I’m mostly pointing it out since many of you say the XBOX has no good games besides Halo, well here’s another. Fuck, can’t someone just post about a great game without being insulted. Shit!

EDIT: I’m not being a snob. Besides, read some of what I’ve said besides just the title. If you read what I said, I said how I didn’t know that it was coming to the PC and that you guys wouldn’t miss out on the great experience. Shit…Man, if I wanted to, I could be a big snob, but that’s not me. You’re generally a pretty cool and easy going guy, but you need to pull that stick out of your ass so that you’ll stop being a little whinny bitch.

I think the game looks interesting. Along with Halo and maybe a few others, the box IS starting to get some titles it can build a reputation off of. If the box ever gets cheap (like in 3-4 years, that’s what it took for the 64, dc , psx) I’ll probably consider pulling an Infonick and robbing Gamestop blind. By then it’ll be cheap, I might have the money for it and hopefully, the time.

Then just don’t use that title. Is it that complicated?

And you have NO idea how much a lot of people would agree with you about that stick in the ass comment.

I’ll just say I have a NCG and a PS2 and I am very happy with both of them. I totally agree that just because I might not care for a system or game, that nobody else would. Just to put my two cents in, I really don’t care for Star Wars and I still think the X-Box controller is really awkward (given, I’ve only used it twice).

I’m a whatever. Though, i don’t want an Xbox as there are no games I’d want to play on it at the moment. Nor the GC (but the family has one.) I don’y hate the systems and I think most people will gree with me on this, there are no games that interest me on the XBox/GC at the moment. I don’t hate it, just nothing interests me.

The only reason the X-Box’ll go down in price in 3-4 years is because the next X-Box is slated for a 2006 release (as is PS3, although the next Nintendo console is slated for 2005).

Originally posted by Cala
The only reason the X-Box’ll go down in price in 3-4 years is because the next X-Box is slated for a 2006 release (as is PS3, although the next Nintendo console is slated for 2005).

Sony controls the price of the XBOX for the most part. When Sony drops, MS will follow suit. Just look at the recent $179.99 price. Sony started it and MS followed. MS dropped before Sony on the last one, but Sony already had the drop planned. It could possibly be down to $150 next year (maybe late next year, but poissible).

Then just don’t use that title. Is it that complicated?

And you have NO idea how much a lot of people would agree with you about that stick in the ass comment.

1. Stop being a little whinny baby about 1 word. Fuck man, it is one word and I alread told you I’m not meaning it the way you are interpretting it. Also, don’t you think that you are being a bit unreasonable since no one else really seems to have a problem using the word “pity”.
  2. Reread what you typed on your second line. You are basically agreeing with my saying you have a stick up YOUR ass.

Of course it went down. You can’t expect it to stay up when the competitors drop their prices; nobody’ll buy the expensive system.

But the older consoles drop in price because nobody buys them so they try to sell them cheap in hopes somebody buys it. The new consoles will probably be $250-300.

I personally think that there’s another reason why the X-box is so hated by the hard core PC gaming crowd, since its release Microsoft has gotten a reputation of picking up PC title that were just about the be released, and delay them for a few months so they can be ported to the X-box. That’s left a lot of PC gamers annoyed, take Halo for example, most people agree that its the X-box’s flagship game, or one of them at least, but most of your consol gamers forget that Halo was never intended to be an X-box title at all, Halo was always supposed to be released on PC. It might even surprise some of your to learn that one of the conditions for the sale of Halo to Microsoft was that they release the game on PC as it was always intended. I’m not exactly sure about the following, but I seem to recall the news release saying that Microsoft would have to release Halo within a fixed delay (1 year I think), but because of various problems (which I find idiotic considering it was originally designed for PC) it kept being delayed, until Halo 2 was in the works and Halo1 was so old it was more of a token gesture than a serious effort to port the game.

As for KotOR, I had no idea it was being released on X-box first until I saw the ads on TV, which actually surprised me since it was produced by Bioware, a company with has worked almost exclusively for PC for years, but worry not it is being released for the PC, so for those of us who don’t want to shell out for an X-box we can just wait two months and download it for free, or buy it, which ever your conscience dictates. :ah-ha!:
I don’t want to get into the whole people just don’t like Microsoft period argument since nothing is served by it, but most long time PC users know that Microsoft has a reputation for doing slightly (I use the term lightly) underhanded things, they like things to go their way and everyone else be damned. Which might be an effective way to run a company, but it makes people resentful in the long run.

Originally posted by Cala
Contra (I’ve met 3 people who remember that game).

I work in a game store. I’ve met millions. Not to mention all of my friends. Contra is hella-popular, and is still one of the highest selling games on 8-bit and 16-bit Nintendos.

Originally posted by Zombie_Ori
in my honest opinion it is the PS2 that is lacking in game selection

That has nothing to do with opinion. The PS2 literally has the largest selection out there. I know you probably meant that it is lacking in games that you’re interested in, I just found it kinda funny that you phrased it that way when in fact quite the opposite is true. :smiley:

<HR WIDTH=50%>

Personal opinion: PS2 is the most user-friendly selection. For the average gamer, PS2 is just what one should buy, no questions asked. For the average gamer who plays games a lot, and cares about quality, you should get an Xbox. It’s got fewer games, but the games are better quality and still directed towards the average gamer (notice the abundance of FPS, action, and sports games in the library). For the hardcore, the GCN is the system of choice. It has the highest number of exclusive games that appeal to the hardcore and classic gaming audience.

For a bit of clarification, I’m not trying to offend anyone with my take on the issue above. Don’t be offended because you are or aren’t hardcore. It’s not meant as a compliment, and it’s certainly not meant as an insult. It’s merely a discription. Even then, it’s still simply my opinion of a discription. In my eyes, the hardcore gamer is usually the gamer who prefers RPGs, shooters (not FPS, shooters, also sometimes called "<A HREF="http://www.classicgaming.com/shmups/">schmups</A>"), adventure, and platform games, because that’s what they started playing with. Neo-hardcore gamers tend to prefer RPGs, dancing games, and, occasionally, shooters. That’s because that was what was “underground” when they entered the gaming market. FPS and sports games will never be considered “hardcore,” but that doesn’t keep them from being fun. There are few genres that transcend hardcore/mainstream guidelines. As far as I’ve seen, those genres are 3-D Platformer (aka Jak & Daxter, Mario 64), Survival Horror (Resident Evil and the ilk), and adventure (Zelda, Dark Cloud, etc etc).

Your choice of games may have nothing to do with the above statement. However, having worked in various game stores for quite some time, and taking opinions and ideas from customers who come in, this is the idea I’ve come up with for the gaming world. This is the state of being in which I see it. You may or may not disagree with me, and feel free to do so. I personally transcend these boundries I’ve placed upon myself, as I am a hardcore gamer at heart, but tend to be a casual gamer in recent practice.

<HR WIDTH=50%>

One more thing.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
Halo was always supposed to be released on PC.

You forget to mention that Halo was never intended for release on PC at all… it was originally planned for release only on Mac. :smiley:

2. Reread what you typed on your second line. You are basically agreeing with my saying you have a stick up YOUR ass.

Which I did agree on.