I must say the truth...

Eeeeeehhhh I can’t type.But my point is clear. I hope.

You’re a little young to call yourself a Marxist, Neo, if you don’t mind my saying.

Hmm… you know, maybe it’s because I live in a country that was crushed thanks to USA’s politic, but I’ve read Marx, and I understand what he says. I understand what his idea failed in Russia, or in Cuba… I’m very used to watch the local news and judge our new president’s accions…

Ultimately, I believe, Marx wanted euality of power. A noble aim, but simply one nto possible.

First, power is survival. People want power because if gives them a better chance to survive and live a better life.

Two, true equality can only be brought by bringing everyone to the lowest common denominator. Nobody wantes to live like that. NOONE. People will want to live better, and better than others. It’s a basic human drive.

Three, something like that would have to be enforced. Which is the antithesis of equality of power, since it would require someone in power to enforce it.

Perhaps the wise government recognizes that there must be those without power and those with power, but instead of giving power to the powerless, it does it’s best to prevent abuses by those in power against those without.

But you’re young, and idealism is common with the young. Not a bad thing, but it should be tempered by experience.

I know it doesn’t work in real life, but I prefer it to capitalism, since capitalism is draining life from countries like mine, like Iraq, like alot of countries that, eventually, fall in USA’s way to world domination.

NOTE: I’m not judging the americans. I’m judging the american government.

Ever here the saying, “Noone beats up on my brother but me”? You live in Argentina, so shut up about Bush. We can insult him and his intelligence plenty by ourselves thank you. On the other hand, Texas is a foreign country in a way. But, moving on. Why do you care that Bush is doing such a crappy job if you’re in South America? He’s ignored that half of the hemisphere as much as possible (for example: Liberia). If you were from the Middle East, then it would be a valid complaint since he’s decided we need a few “regime changes”. Which makes me think, maybe we should get a poll started on when we think he’ll attack Syria.
My gripe with Dubya is firstly environmental. He sides with big business and relaxes environmental laws but claims he’s not. When a study shows something that an environmental practice isn’t business friendly, the study is redone and produces the same results, merely wasting time and money. Curse big business and their avaricous greed. I kind keep railing on the wealthy, but I’ll stop for now because I don’t want to make an overly long post.

Ever here the saying, “Noone beats up on my brother but me”? You live in Argentina, so shut up about Bush. We can insult him and his intelligence plenty by ourselves thank you. On the other hand, Texas is a foreign country in a way. But, moving on. Why do you care that Bush is doing such a crappy job if you’re in South America? He’s ignored that half of the hemisphere as much as possible (for example: Liberia). If you were from the Middle East, then it would be a valid complaint since he’s decided we need a few “regime changes”. Which makes me think, maybe we should get a poll started on when we think he’ll attack Syria.
My gripe with Dubya is firstly environmental. He sides with big business and relaxes environmental laws but claims he’s not. When a study shows something that an environmental practice isn’t business friendly, the study is redone and produces the same results, merely wasting time and money. Curse big business and their avaricous greed. I kind keep railing on the wealthy, but I’ll stop for now because I don’t want to make an overly long post.

Man, I don’t wanna say this, but your little president is handling the situation by imperialism. He’s not ignored in ANY part of the world, 'coz he affects EVERY SINGLE part of the world, which is BTW, the idea of capitalism. An only country as dominating, and the rest as dominated. In our case… allright, I accept it, it wasn’t only Bush’s fault. It was Carlos Menem’s fault in the 90’s, the army’s fault in the 70’s, Peron’s fault in the 40’s. But, if you study argentinian history, you’ll see that EVERYTIME there was a crisis it was 'coz USA was up to something. Wars in Corea, Vietnam, and all those wars to “erradicate comunism” around the world. BTW, I’m not saying that Russia was better… Stalin was probably worse than Hitler.

And something else. Did anyone notice that everytime that the world market gets to a crisis, USA is involved in a war? Capitalism needs wars, so that they get money out of weaponry. Each time that the capitalism gets to crisis, it needs to be “regenerated” by wars. Marx couldn’t predict this (he predicted that Capitalism would get to crisis sooner or later). Think about it, Vietnam, and wars like that, were only to keep winning money… think about it when you see your country’s flag in a movie about Vietnam. When you see it in the end of the movie. Please.

… Neo, look closer. He said Bush is ignoring the Southern Hemisphere.

Anyway, I don’t like Bush. Stupid Republicans, getting us into a huge debt after Clinton gets a surplus.

BUSH IGNORING SOUTH AMERICA?!?!?!? HE’D LOSE ONE THIRD OF HIS ANNUAL INCOMING IF HE DOES SO!!!

Look, you know the IMF, or however is spelled here? It’s ruled by USA, you want it or not. Never heard the negotiations between Argentina and IMF? Our president (Kirchner) went there a few weeks ago. Man I can’t believe what I see. He’s exploiting us. altogether with Spain.

Don’t use acronyms that people probably don’t know especially if they are in a language that they don’t know. What does IMF stand for? And how is he exploiting you and Spain?

Also, Vietnam, Korea, and all the other incidents they don’t tell us about were not for money. Preservation of Capitalism maybe, but the economy itself, no. Have you ever heard of Sen. Joseph McArthy (that how it spelled?). He claimed he had a list of 100 communists in the State Department as a speech when he was drunk, and everybody panicked. The U.S. was completely afraid that communism. They believed in the Domino Theory, which turned out to be mostly wrong (ironically, they are now hoping that create democracies in Afghanistan and Iraq will cause a Domino Effect in the Middle East. It seems the government never learns.). Lost my train of thought. Oh yeah.
War is actually very bad for the economy. That’s pretty a basic, given I’ve heard it from many of my high school history teachers. Find someone who knows something about economics and get the to explain the details. If you need an example, in the 1890’s businesses were very much opposed to going to war with Spain.
There are plenty more examples if you care to find them, I don’t.

The irony of my arguing with you here is that I probably dislike Capitalism as much as you.

War is actually very bad for the economy. That’s pretty a basic, given I’ve heard it from many of my high school history teachers. Find someone who knows something about economics and get the to explain the details. If you need an example, in the 1890’s businesses were very much opposed to going to war with Spain.

No, no, no, no, NO! War is one of the best desperate solutions! The warfare industry moves BILLIONS around the world, and USA is one of the main (if not the main) weaponry suppliers in the world. Warfare is good for capitalism, as it lets it go on. Also, realize that every single war USA fought was away from USA’s territory. So it didn’t hurt its economy.

Of course they were afraid of comunism. I never said they weren’t. But they used it as an excuse to invade Vietnam (when communism in Vietnam wasn’t a threat to USA), just like they used terrorism as an excuse to invade Afganistan, and Saddam as an excuse to invade Iraq.

FMI is spelled in Spanish, and it stands for International Monetary Fund.

Neo, you seek to judge all of capitalism based upon the actions of a single country. Waging war, meddling with the affairs of other nations, imperialism, etc. etc. are actions of a POLITICAL nature, not an economic one.

Kthxbye.

That’s 'cause USA is the main developer of capitalism and the likes. Neoliberalism, like they call it, was developed by them. In fact, all the occidental world’s capitalist nations are ruled, or at least “checked” by USA. You want it or not, USA’s up for world domination.

Neo, you can attack Bush all you want. However, when you attack capitalism, the US, and the people of the US (many of which do NOT like Bush), you make yourself out to be an even bigger idiot than I am. Bush is a moron, yes, but so are other world leaders. In fact, every world leader is a moron, as well as 99% of the other world politicians. Bush didn’t screw up the economy; it was ruined by unethical business, low consumer confidence, and the fact that 99.99999% of americans know NOTHING about how the economy works.

Marxism, like everyone else has said, doesn’t work because it’s too idealistic. Maybe in an alternate universe, where people are perfect, it would work out. However, that would probably be the same one where goats fire lasers out their asses. In this universe, people are greedy, self-serving, malicious, scheming, and dirty, always willing to push someone into the ground to get what they want. That’s human nature, not just United States nature, and the sooner people realize that, the sooner this world will be a better place.

Not only does this thread serve no purpose, but it’s a repeat of a hundred other threads before it. You aren’t the first one to proclaim his hatred of Bush; everyone here has at some point. However, it’s when you attack everything else because of one man that things get REALLY ugly.

There. I said my piece.

Yeah, I don’t know what “truth” you are talking about anymore. You sorta went from talking about Bush to Argentina to the United States as a whole to Marxism to global economics.

Originally posted by d Galloway
[b]Neo, you can attack Bush all you want. However, when you attack capitalism, the US, and the people of the US (many of which do NOT like Bush), you make yourself out to be an even bigger idiot than I am. Bush is a moron, yes, but so are other world leaders. In fact, every world leader is a moron, as well as 99% of the other world politicians. Bush didn’t screw up the economy; it was ruined by unethical business, low consumer confidence, and the fact that 99.99999% of americans know NOTHING about how the economy works.

Not only does this thread serve no purpose, but it’s a repeat of a hundred other threads before it. You aren’t the first one to proclaim his hatred of Bush; everyone here has at some point. However, it’s when you attack everything else because of one man that things get REALLY ugly.

There. I said my piece. [/b]

You beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:

It should be all to obvious that George W. Bush isn’t the one to attack, he is just the deluded and bought person in charge and not the one that actually decides what is going to happen. Everyone that isn’t mentally blind knows that the decisions are being made by Cheney and Rumsfelf.

Instead of complaining about George W. Bush, you should be complaining about the undemocratic and corrupted election system of the USA, and the unrecorded lobbying and funding.

Those things are the cause of the great divide in the American social structure, and the generally hostile foreign policy. Who, could hardly matter any less.

My grammar is horrible today.

well, finally somebody has the guts to say something bad about bush openly like this. I salute you for that.

Well, at least come voting season next year, I know I’m gonna vote against him. wishes Bill Clinton would run again… I’d vote for him then

And something else. Did anyone notice that everytime that the world market gets to a crisis, USA is involved in a war? Capitalism needs wars, so that they get money out of weaponry. Each time that the capitalism gets to crisis, it needs to be “regenerated” by wars. Marx couldn’t predict this (he predicted that Capitalism would get to crisis sooner or later). Think about it, Vietnam, and wars like that, were only to keep winning money… think about it when you see your country’s flag in a movie about Vietnam. When you see it in the end of the movie. Please.

I do have to agree with the statement about war being good for a capitalist economy. When we go to war, industries open back up to make stuff for the militaries and whatnot (my uncle’s brother-in-law works at a machine shop here in Maine that makes Bomb Parts, and since the war began, they’ve never been busier… but since the fall of Saddam (as I call it), they’ve been making more bomb parts… something is screwy I think.

I agree that it is good for the economy, but war is not the answer for a falling economy. once the war is over, then things will be even lower than before.

But yeah, I will agree also that I hate Bush’s leadership abilities. Then again (in case you haven’t guessed) I’m a Democrat anyways.

Ask someone who knows what they’re talking about, i.e. economics major or social studies teacher. They will tell you war is bad for business. Yes metalwork industries do better, but for banks and trading companies and service industries and such, the benefits aren’t anywhere near as significant.

Seeing how a majority of you are anti-bush, I guess I’ll be the one getting flamed when I say this. I would take Bush over any damn Democrat anyday. I look at this anyway, I think Gore would still be in some bunker somewhere trying to figure out what to do after 9/11.

You’re definately right about Gore. In a gesture of open-mindedness, I will not flame anyone based on political views.

You can’t really say what you think Gore would have done, becaue Gore has never been in a posistion to have to act in the way Bush had too in the events of September 11th. So that’s somewhat irrelevent.

I don’t like bush, I personally think he hasn’t done a damn thing for this country except turn the world against us, which doesn’t really mean much considering we control a lot of this world, Bush knows this, and he unfortunatly exploits it for his own bidding.

Hmm… I should have pointed out that I don’t believe in democracy anymore… after what happened here last election…

25% of argentinians voted for Carlos Menem to come back. And that’s 9 million people. Shit I don’t believe in democracy anymore.