I miss..

Originally posted by Cidolfas
[b]I actually liked FF9’s sidequests quite a lot. FFX’s, though, were hell. -_-

I think a good game should have both options (equipment gotten from fighting cool battles and from doing side quests). [/b]

I suppose you’re talking about facing beasts like Dark Bahamut, right? I haven’t played much of FFX, but that thing looked like a major headache.

I found the whole thunder plains thing easy… it took me two tries. First one I messed up at 50, the second at 220 ^^

Chocobo racing for the sigil, and the butterflies… ugh. shoots herself in the face

Somehow I made it through the Chocobo racing in FFX. 14 balloons, 0 birds, biotch! Now if I could get off of my ass and finish the game.

I don’t really have a problem, with most sidequests (since most are quite fun). But the ones on FFX, were just so annoying. Although I did manage to complete them all, apart from Blitzball.

Originally posted by X_countryguy
I don’t know, I actually enjoyed hunting down those Gold Skulltullas in Zelda. I found it kind of challenging actually. But I don’t know, I think that a lot of side quests are hit or miss really.

Don’t forget trying to shoot down those ghosts from the back of a galloping horse, I always thought that was a trip.

Originally posted by Heaven’s Soldier
I don’t really have a problem, with most sidequests (since most are quite fun). But the ones on FFX, were just so annoying. Although I did manage to complete them all, apart from Blitzball.

I actually enjoyed the blitzball, signing new players etc. but in real life I’m a fantasy football nut so it was the kind of thing that’d appeal to me :wink: chocobo racing was also kind easy, if you used the d-pad instead of the L3 stick.

as for the thunder plains… well, that’s what customisable weapons are there for :ah-ha!: :get it?:

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
CC’s sidequests weren’t bad either. At least the Dario sidequest.

yea i really liked the dario sidequest because the first time i was fighting him i was using the guide book and that just screwed me up big time and about an hour into that that fight the first time i died and then i tried again without the book beczuse the book says use no elements but i used them and the fight took like 20 minutes for me to win

It seems like most of the old school sidequests kicked ass, like Chrono Trigger as everyone else said. The newer stuff seems a bit more unoriginal or done to death.

I personally like most sidequests, especially Chrono Cross’. It was really lacking in depth but sidequests gave the game more substance and freedom, I guess. Well it just seemed that way for me.

And damn, I’m getting turned off from FF10…are the sidequests really that murderous…?

Originally posted by Evangelion
And damn, I’m getting turned off from FF10…are the sidequests really that murderous…?

yes yes they are but blitzball was fun to me

Originally posted by Nicholas D. Wolfwood
yea i really liked the dario sidequest because the first time i was fighting him i was using the guide book and that just screwed me up big time and about an hour into that that fight the first time i died and then i tried again without the book beczuse the book says use no elements but i used them and the fight took like 20 minutes for me to win

I equipped Serge with the Black Plate and only white elements. He only attacked Serge(with a Black counter). I win!!

Cid has a trick in the Shrine to make the fight easier.

CC’s side-quests where pretty good, especially the Black Dragon/Marbule, Mastermune and Kidd’s Past (Well, Black Dragon and Kidd’s past aren’t exactly side-quests but you can finish the game without them)

And the Chocographs in FF9, even trough it took me forever, where really good. Now, the Mognet quest… I was ready to rip off the head of the next moogle who asked me to deliver a letter. And the prize sucked.

The choco graph quest isn’t that hard if you go as far as you can as often as you can. It only took me 2 hours to clear out the first level of the chocobo forest and the treasure was laughably easy to find. It really depends on how many items you can get in one go although my favourite place to play is the level 1 chocobo lagoon. it may have less time but the items are so close togethor that the ten seconds is a lot more usefull.

I forgot to mention the process of making Rainbow Equipment in CC. I know most people hate it but I just loved to see the finished work. I used to look at Serge’s Spectra Swallow and Karsh’s Rainbow Axe and go “oh… pretty colors…”. Made me feel I was on crack or something.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
I forgot to mention the process of making Rainbow Equipment in CC. I know most people hate it but I just loved to see the finished work. I used to look at Serge’s Spectra Swallow and Karsh’s Rainbow Axe and go “oh… pretty colors…”. Made me feel I was on crack or something.

Crack is more easily available, cheaper, and provides more of a high then Rainbow equipment. I highly reccomend it over doing any more CC sidequests…

Originally posted by Cloth Hat
Don’t forget trying to shoot down those ghosts from the back of a galloping horse, I always thought that was a trip.
Don’t forget ANYTHING involving the horse in that game.

The ghost near Kakariko village… Oh boy… I think I spent around 300 arrows trying to shoot that one.

Originally posted by Shads
[b]I found the whole thunder plains thing easy… it took me two tries. First one I messed up at 50, the second at 220 ^^

Chocobo racing for the sigil, and the butterflies… ugh. shoots herself in the face [/b]

I thought thunder plains was easy too. The secret is to stand on a crater and wait for the flash of light, instead of running around like a moron.

Now, if anyone has a secret to catching butterflies, please share.

Butterfly catching- practice, practice, practice. Get a download with a map of the locations (like I did from my, ahem, strategy guide :thud: ) as that’s about the best way to do it. Also don’t forget- never stop, you need to get all of them in one clean movement.

Actually I don’t have that big of a grudge against side quests except for one type. The kind where you have to collect a huge number of some specific thing because hey if you’re one off then you have to go EVERYWHERE just to find the one you missed it’s tedious and that annoys me. Personally I liked FFVIII’s side quests