I miss Bomberman

or get zsnes, 5 gamepads of your favorite variety, and have at it. You may wish to invest in a bigger monitor. It ain’t online, but it helps if you have local friends.

As nice as ZSNES’s netplay is, what I was thinking was more of an MMO version.

That would rock so hard, it’d hurt.

Well, I don’t know of any MMO way to play it, esp. since the game itself isn’t set up for too many players (4 or 5, max). But if anyone wants to set a time and date maybe we could all be online and do a ZSNES tourny of it…or just tons of bomberman gaming, no tourny.

There was Bomberman Online, the downside is that it came out for Dreamcast when everyone stopped caring about dreamcast

http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/bombermanonline/index.html

I remember playing an Online Bomberman on the PC, and it was, as you probably may guess, quite Korean. I can’t for the life of me find the link to it. Hell, I don’t even remember if it was even translated.

You know, having 5 players in Zsnes might not be a good idea. Depending on your configuration, you cannot have more than 3-5 keys pressed - any extra key being pressed will not count, and that is summing both keyboard and joypads. The players would be stuck in their positions.

They released bomberman racing pretty recently… no comment on that.

In response to Ren,

In bomberman 2 you really only need 5 buttons (6 in level 10, for jumping over things), and that 5 counts 4 of the directional buttons. If you were playing people ZSNES and somehow got more than 5 (or whatever) like Ren suggested, you’d still have plenty of buttons on a keyboard to let 6+ people join (just dont use any buttons you don’t need, and set everyone’s start button to the same one so anyone could pause for a bathroom break or whatever).

But if you’re NOT tlaking about the same ZSNES emulator, each person has their own keyboard with netplay, in which case that isn’t a problem anyway.

Only two computers can connect with netplay. Two people on one machine, 3 on the other. I don’t quite see that happening.

Bing, I meant that amount for all the players at the same time. If three players are walking, nobody can lay a bomb and the two other players can’t walk because Zsnes won’t recognize more than 3 keys being pressed at the same time.

I have seen Zsnes accepting all the keys being pressed sometimes though. I don’t know what causes it to take only three into account sometimes and acting normal other times.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
I’d give up sex for that.

Fourteen years old… check.

On an internet forum… check.

Nerd… check.

What sex?

@ Epicgamer
Having never used SNES’s netplay, I wouldn’t know. But thanks for clearing that up anyway.

@ Ren
I’ve never had a problem with more than 3 buttons being pressed before, but maybe I’m just lucky.

@ Cybercompost
LoL, I was going to say something along those lines, but I figured it best left ignored.

Yeah, don’t make references to stuff that you don’t know how or if they work.

WTF? Excuse me, but I only said that method might work, but that I wasn’t sure. I said that all I knew for sure was that it allowed at least 2 people to play over the net. That wasn’t incorrect.

Here’s the quote from my original post:

I don’t know if that allows for more than 2 players, but if not, 2 is better than 1!

EDIT: That would be like me saying that your sig. is dumb because not all forms of Christianity believe that: the lack of knowledge (or lack of concern for other possiblities) doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be allowed to say what you think.

Originally posted by Epicgamer

I just couldn’t help thinking that was aimed at Giza :stuck_out_tongue: