I love all of you who pay taxes.

Originally posted by Thomas Paxton
Out of curiosity, do you have forced conscription over there? Or a volunteer service?

Forced conscription. You can refuse to do military service, and do society work instead: Which is more a punishment than anything else.
Since we live in a discriminating society, it’s only men who gets conscripted, of course. The constitution opens for that both genders should be conscripted, but at the time that was written, everyone was virtually the same as men.

Originally posted by Thomas Paxton
Out of curiosity, do you have forced conscription over there? Or a volunteer service?

Wouldn’t matter either way Paxton. You’ve become accustomed to forced conscription what with your mom and all.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]My tax money goes to give me free hospital treatment, and all the other welfare benifits. Long Live Norway: Dying last fortress of the Welfare State.

Our armed forces gets next to nothing, which explains why they only draft some twenty five percent of those they should. [/b]

Not to mention when you go into the hospital with 69,666 bullet wounds to the chest but you have to wait 7 million hours cause 4 bazillion old grannies are in there wasting all the doctor’s time since they get free medical service right? HAH! Capitalism forever. It might cost me 45 trillion dollars to get ear wax cleaned out, but at least I don’t have to WAIT!

Booya

Originally posted by Zeppelin
[b]Not to mention when you go into the hospital with 69,666 bullet wounds to the chest but you have to wait 7 million hours cause 4 bazillion old grannies are in there wasting all the doctor’s time since they get free medical service right? HAH! Capitalism forever. It might cost me 45 trillion dollars to get ear wax cleaned out, but at least I don’t have to WAIT!

Booya [/b]

Hospitals are considered private enterprises. They recently changed the funding system: Now the money, more or less, follows the patient instead of being channeled directly into the hospitals’ budget.