I love all of you who pay taxes.

You are all paying me to sit around and do nothing, Each day I pretty much go to work, get the word, and then do whatever the hell I want to do until formation. In fact the only problem is that I have so much time that I am bored out of my mind. Not only that, but I have asked what I should be doing and I’ve just been told to stay in the area, so I’m not even slacking off. Ah, your tax dollars hard at work.:mwahaha:

How much money did you make up to now in your deployment?

Originally posted by Sinistral
How much money did you make up to now in your deployment?

I’m still in the states since they aren’t sending me (the war is going well enough that it costs too much to send me out [$6000]). I’m just stationed at Pendleton now. I make about $600 on the 15 and $700 on the 1 (so about $1300 a month). I also have medical, dental, and food and shelter covered.

taxes… gotta love 'em… :frowning:

Well, what can I say? i don’t pay taxes just yet but, meh?

so you easily made 4000 bucks up to now

You’re at Pendleton? Enjoy it. It’s a nice place. I went there on a rocketry outing with my Boy Scout Troop. Good Beaches.

Makes me realize that there <i>are</i> some positive aspects to being in the military.

Originally posted by Sinistral
so you easily made 4000 bucks up to now

Yeah, but my time in North Carolina was not good to my wallet. Although on the 15 I’ll have a little over $2000.

Actually, most of the taxes that we pay direccted towards the military don’t go to the actual military. It goes to the families that had somone die cuz they were all arogant and didnt think they would die, in the marines.

Pendleton, as in Eastern Oregon?

If so, you are stationed only about 3-4 hours away from me… mind if I ask for a tax refund?

Originally posted by PC Glenton
[b]Pendleton, as in Eastern Oregon?

If so, you are stationed only about 3-4 hours away from me… mind if I ask for a tax refund? [/b]

Camp Pendleton, CA, I just call it Pendleton for short. Sin lives about 30 mins away.:hahaha;

Crap…

Sin, its up to you to get our taxes back from Info.

In fact, I remember a couple of months ago (November) when there was the Marine Corps Ball, Sin said that he lived about a mile from where my unit was holding it.

Originally posted by Chris-chris
i don’t pay taxes just yet but, meh?
Sales Tax. That beautiful 10-ish % that’s charged whenever you buy something.

Soon more of your taxes will be going to me, bwa! :stuck_out_tongue:

This month I get a raise from E-4 < 2 years to E-4 w/ 2 years in service. It’s only about 70 bucks though (I’m hoping to make E-5 in September though, I have a really good shot at it)

Pick up the yo-yo hobby.
It’s good stuff.

Check out www.sector_y.yoyoing.com for some great trick illustrations, freestyle vids, and clip vids.

werd yo.

I don’t pay taxes, but even if I did, free rides don’t come along everyday. I’d say enjoy it.

And soon your taxes will be paying me. Gonna be an E-2 when I go in. Wasn’t able to get E-3. Plus that nifty cash bonus that they decided to give me for scoring well on the ASVAB. Strangely enough though, I have to pay taxes on the tax money I get. Unless I end up overseas.

My tax money goes to give me free hospital treatment, and all the other welfare benifits. Long Live Norway: Dying last fortress of the Welfare State.

Our armed forces gets next to nothing, which explains why they only draft some twenty five percent of those they should.

Out of curiosity, do you have forced conscription over there? Or a volunteer service?