I haven't been around much for a while

Hello comrade President and Party Secretary.
Did you ever finish this beauty?

When everyone says “welcome” all the time the lyrics for Metallica’s Sanitarium pops into my head…

It’s a strangely fitting son as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, welcome back Merl.

Just when you thought you were out, we pull you back in.

Welcome back Merlinator.

Notice Merl hasn’t posted anything at all since that one post?

Actually, I had noticed that. >>

Does any one have a church Organ to Drop on him?

I’m just glad someone else pointed it out before I did… >_>

Organs don’t have the same effect. It’s gotta be a piano.

I’ve got a upright, as any one got a grand?

BN

>Wilfredo

I am the night.

>RPT

Read The Moviegoer by Percy. It’s 5 times better than Lancelot and is a story a person can actually sympathize with. It’s probably my second favorite book.

>Kei

I’m sorry, but what are you referring to?

>Seifer

Finding scholarship to be lame, I abandoned the thesis at the end of the first semester. However I did write a companion research paper on Leon Trotsky for the second semester. It was of equivalent length and, I think, superior to the Bukharin paper even though I completed it essentially in the last two weeks of school.

Yes, I knew I was setting this thread up to be undermined with irony from the moment I posted it. I had to move back to Boston and it took most of the week to get the Internet here. I should be around more zealously now though.

Thanks for the welcomes and kind words, and for those who don’t know me, hopefully you shall.

It is a sin not to know the legendary merlymerl.

Lie I said, don’t know him but know of him. Said he left in December, right? I joined in January.
I did read the site history one day, though. Good job with that Merlin.

well I never leave, but more and more frequently my activity here has been restricted to just the staff boards. I’m spinning too many plates these days to be as much a workaholic here as I was four years ago.

(and for Batman fans, my signature and title is from the monumentally brilliant The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller)

You know, it’s really funny imagining you being one of those plate spinners, Merl. Whether it be your sprite, you, or even Batman, every version of it is funny.

and it keeps getting funnier, <i>every time I see it!!</i> <b> not to mention the fact that you’re talking to a dead guy</b> <font size="+2"> SO WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?!?</font>

do you think I’m qualified?

Ye-no.