i have a question

did you guys get lazy?

why are certain shrines just a fancy link to an older shrine?
did ya’ll just have no time to make new shrines, or is it a quick fix?

i woul apperciate to know, but whatever,

continue making quality shrine RPGC team.

~numerrik

Do you have any specific shrines like that in mind? I don’t see how you can link a shrine to another shrine unless they’re the same game, in which case there shouldn’t be a second shrine in the first place.

How the hell is a link fancy? Well…aside from text formatting. Not all the shrines are kept up to date by their maintainers and please specify instead of just generalizing. That way we can either take your complaints into consideration or tell you to shove your head up your ass.

i did say certain, i did not generalize,
but (with the exception of ff7 and the ff7 internationonal)
most remade games that were remade for a newer system just have their title on the list but it links to the old shrine.
like ff1 and ff2, and a few others

I’d think that if a game were a direct port from an older system to a newer one (FF Chronicles/Anthology, anyone?), there wouldn’t be a point in making a new shrine. However, with the way people choose to look up games, a little mapping and linking is needed.

However, if there were non-cosmetic changes in the newer version, then at the least a section should be added dealing with those things. That takes time though, and I’m not the person to know about that.

Most likely because making a second shrine for a rerelease of a game such as FF1 or FF2 would be wasteful. Most of the information and strategy from the NES versions of these games applies to the GBA remakes.

acually i was refering to psx, and in the chrono trigger for psx they added an ending or two and the shrine i was linked to was the snes one, it mentioned the new endings but would tell about them. or the the shrine should contain the control conversions like A=X and y=triangle, or something.

just wondering, but whatever.

To give an example, both Chrono Trigger and FF6 are the same in both SNES and PSX just like Breath of Fire I & II are the same in SNES and GBA, making a new shrine would be a waste. If you have an idea of what should be included in a shrine for a re-released game that has some actual new content (Like FF1) you should contact the mantainer.

EDIT: The first added ending in PSX Chrono Trigger is gotten by finishing the game in the usual way, the other pops up once you get one of the New Game+ endings.

k

If a game is a port (Like Chrono Trigger), then there’s no need for a new shrine. If a game’s a graphical overhaul (Like Final Fantasy Origins), then there’s no need for a new shrine. Since the actual information of the game is the same in both cases, there’s no need to make a second, identical shrine. If a remake has significant changes (Like Dragon Warrior 3 or Tales of Phantasia PSX), then a new shrine is available to be made. Shrines are listed the way they are because with all the ports and stuff that are available now, somebody might not know that Final Fantasy 4-6 were originally SNES games, so they might be looking in the PSX section, not find them, and assume we don’t have shrines for them. Therefore, it’s necessary that shrines are listed in every section they are applicable for.

As for Chrono Trigger, the game is identical in both versions (minus some pretty annoying loading times in the PSX version, heh…), and the only thing that’s different are the anime sequences and the Omake mode, as far as I know. Now, I might add a couple sentences somewhere to address how to unlock stuff in the Omake mode, but that’s all that would be needed to make the shrine completely compatible with the PSX version. (Shrines aren’t instruction manuals, usually, so mentioning controller conversions would be pretty pointless, since I made no mention of the controller buttons for the SNES version anyway, as far as I know. I guess I could go out of my way to mention that the PSX controller doesn’t have an “A” button and stuff for the Arris Dome code, XABY code and whatnot, but I’m sure that if a player is smart enough to use my shrine, they’re smart enough to figure that out. :kissy: )

You did mention the Differnces, hyrru! I gigiles at Lara and Loro during a certain part late on.

BN
Some groups of Games get to share a Shrine, Such as the Pokémon games. G/S at your service!

I mentioned the LARA code (and its difference in the two versions), but I don’t think I mentioned the other ones…

Oh yeah, and for games that have two (or more) near-identical versions (like Pokemon games), they usually share a shrine too. Same goes for games and their expansion packs.