I got hired to write reviews!

So, after failing to get hired at RPGamer.com, I went ahead and sent in some samples of my work to www.gamerlimit.com, a growing ‘news and reviews’ gaming site. The guy who runs the site got back to me in like, an hour. :open_mouth:

I’d actually been ‘hired’ for a few days, but I didn’t announce it right away because I only had my first piece published this morning. You guys have already read it: It’s my Suikoden Tierkreis review.

http://gamerlimit.com/2009/04/gamer-limit-review-suikoden-tierkreis/

Still, I wanted you guys to know, because…well, for one, I’m happy about it. And for two, some support for the website would be great. It’s a developing site, and the more hits we get, the better. We’re really trying to get the word out on this site.

That’s pretty cool dude. Love reading your reviews, it’s good to support someplace while I do. And support you, I guess.

Kudos to you SG :smiley:

congrats - hope ya get to write more.

Much better than RPLamer.

I’ve never heard of this website.

You should write movie reviews for rottentomatoes, SG.

Grats Skank! Glad you persevered :mwahaha:

That’s awesome, man! May you sing songs of joy for all eternity… and shit!

That was my first reaction as well. Regardless, congratulations SG!

As far as I know, it’s only been around for a few months. Still, the site is rapidly picking up speed. They gained something like 30,000 ranks in the last month or something like that, and we’ve been invited to E3 (although I have no interest in going).

Hurrah. Congratulations.

Can I pretend to be you, and go to E3?

Congratulations, thats mega awesome, from one writer to another.

I agree with Sorc, why would you not want to go?

YES! I’m so happy for you man!

SG: I hate you so much right now.

Kidding, kidding! :stuck_out_tongue: Though damn, I would love to have a job like that. From reading your reviews here I know you’re more than capable of doing great work in that category; even if I don’t completely agree with your opinions, your articles come across as logical and fun to read. Best wishes!! :wink:

You write good reviews. I am sure you will do well. Congrats, man.

Thanks a ton, everyone!

Heh, if a few people on the staff hadn’t already caught what I looked like, I would totally have done this for you. Maybe at my next job? :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno…I write reviews. I don’t see what there is about going to E3 that’s conducive to writing about games, unless they gave me a crapload of free ones. I know they have a lot of demos for new games, but I’m interested in finished products. E3 had a lot more appeal to me when I was younger, but now I just look at it as an expense, and time I could use to do other stuff.

You could easily write editorials about E3, what new games look good, et cetera. People that write reviews do that all the time. But since you just got hired, maybe you’d want a few more reviews under your belt before going there. I could understand that.

Do you get paid?