I GOT A JOB!!

Hooray! Soon you will wish for death! :smiley:

No way. I will have fun with this. I don’t want to work if I can’t enjoy it. Call me unrealistic, but that’s the way I feel.

If you ever make a thread complaing about your job, i’m so quoting this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A few months ago I thought you wouldn’t get a job so soon because you were still going to finish high school. But this kind of job you take, though it does require some knowledge, is way more about talent.

Congratulations. The talent requisites to get a job like this one are high, and getting one at your age makes it impressive :ah-ha!: You go, Eva :cool:

Congrats. ^^

Man, a job! You could get so many videogames with that!

Congrats Eva, and I can understand the want to blow your first paycheck on clothes. ^^

The first paycheck I got, I spent almost half of it on some decent dress shoes.

Shit, I don’t understand why girls care so much about clothes. Maybe you’re not the “omg lets buy these jeans that are falling apart!” type, though. (Hey, nothing against the jeans though, strategically placed holes can look… ^.~ )

Nah, I love denim, but my tastes are more mature I guess. I don’t go for the pink jogging suits with the 69 on the ass, nor do I enjoy wearing ratty looking jeans that break my wallet.

Hey, it’s important to have some nice clothes. Notice I said “nice.”

Congratulations. =)

I guess if the jeans had holes it might be cold.

Hhe. Nice Eva. Good luck with it.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been? It’s alright we know where you’ve been.
You’ve been in the pipeline, filling in time,
provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.
You bought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn’t like school, and you know you’re nobody’s fool,
So welcome to the machine.
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream? It’s alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar. He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the machine.

Congrats Eva. Now you can deal with bitchy and stupid customers for 8 hours a day like I do.

My sister’s a sales assitant in a clothes shop and she loves it. Hopefully you will too. Who knows, one day you might be giving the orders*. Enjoy. And get all the clothes you want, I guess.

*Not bloody likely

first of all congratulations.
Second, I don’t think you’re only gonna spend your first paycheck on clothes. Spending is an addiction. I’ve been working for five years in a restaurant now, but I’m still broke. But at least you’ll be broke with new clothes and other useful stuff.

I think a good old fashion pat on the back is in order, nicely played at finally joining the working world. Enjoy it while you can, because after a while, the novelty disappears.

On second thought forget that. Don’t want to make work sound like WORK, before ya even start. Well anyway congrats Eva.

Haha EVERYONE is telling me that. I don’t believe it >> I will have fun fun fun. I will, I must. Thanks everyone.

That reminds me, I gotta start looking for a job soon. I’m taking my drivers test in April and would like to get my license on my birthday next year so I’d better start looking in Feburary or something. I’ll have enough to get a license anyway but not for gas and everything. Which brings up a question. Usually how much are used Ford pick up’s? I know they vary but I just need a general idea.