I fucking hate apple

Just take consolation in the fact that Joe Strummer essentially blackmailed Steve Jobs into giving an exorbitant sum to charity. That’s what I do when people go Mac elitist on me.

After about a year my iPod wasn’t charging properly. So I scheduled an appointment online with the Mac store at the local mall, and brought it in. He ran a diagnostic on it, and said “we can just give you a new one”. So I agreed, and haven’t had any problems with the new one. It doesn’t get any better than that IMO.

However, I don’t care for iTunes, and QuickTime is absolutely horrible, hijacking your browser and claiming you have to upgrade to the Pro version if you want to save embedded music files. Of course there are ways around this, but I shouldn’t have to use them. In the past, I’ve had problems with QuickTime taking over embedded midi files in the browser, with no way to change the behavior except for an uninstall. Also, Firefox uses QuickTime as a music plugin, and if QuickTime is out of date, it pops up an upgrade message and in doing so crashes FireFox. Total POS, almost as bad as Real. OK, that’s an over exaggeration…nothing is as bad as Real Player.

Because of Apple’s shitty software, I’ll probably never buy another Apple product again. Well, their phone is pretty awesome, but their stupid exclusive agreement with AT&T is ridiculous. I guess there are some similar Blackberries in development, and Google’s phone isn’t too far off.

I hate ipods.
Freaking ‘synchronization’.
Just let us open the damn folder, morons.

So Sin got his laptop repaired and now… it won’t start :D.

All I can think of now is that one south park episode with Bono in it…lmao.

There is a known issue with the “safe” magnetic power adaptors for macbooks.

They are currently being sued for flagrantly lying about the capabilities of their Pcs.

MacOS is the least secure, most buggy and most infrequently patched major OS,proven two years in a row at major security events.

Quicktime and iTunes users are practically forced to install Safari, surprisngly,against its own EULA.

Microsoft want through antitrust lawsuits for much less than this (specifically, bundling media player and internet explorer with windows). Apple does the same with MacOS and forces its crap onto other OS’ wherever it can (Quicktime is essential for so many websites, that is how they forcefeed you the rest of their software).

Why do I hate Apple so much? They betrayed me, Mac users are known for their insane zealotry and inability to see truth when it comes to their beloved fruit. But that’s okay, they’ll get what’s coming to them.

I’m not going to ever buy and iPhone, iPods are crap and I hate all the attachments made for cars and home theaters to pander to them. If I ever want one, I’ll probably get a tPhone. It can at least be made to run third party apps.

I’ve hated Apple since my elementary school days with the old Macontosh’s. I still can’t get used to a Mac’s OS. Give me DOS any day over Apple.

So true. My high school used to run them. I hated them back then too because if you networked them, they would crash all the time. I gave them a chance after they released OSX though. Very disappointed.

W0rd. They still making those? I’d like a larger one, but I dont want to get an iPod or Zune if I can avoid it.

So after all the aggravation, Apple is exchanging my laptop for another better new laptop for free , they’re going to give shit to the people who gave me bad service and they offered me a choice between an ipod touch and a time capsule (router meets hard drive combination designed to help apple computer owners make back ups). Apple might just retain me yet. We’ll see how the next computer performs.

you write like Wikipedia with feelings.

[citation needed], No Original Research, NPOV

Khalbrae should move to China, they have governmental agencies in need of him right now.

On a serious note, I would say some of the links are substantiated, others are not.

They’re suing New York City for the apple logo. New york is suing back to have Apple lose its right to the apple logo…

Apple now will send me a new copy of office to compensate me for the one I lost (I actually lost my CD >_>).

Oh man am I so happy. If this computer turns out to work well, Apple will have regained most of my trust. That + the time capsule, I milked them good >.>;. Apple REALLY went the extra mile to compensate me for my loss and aggravation. I have to give it to them this time.

Wow… that’s the best news I’ve heard about them in a long time. I’m happy to hear this! :biggrin:

Not too surprised by this. Apple does have a history of stepping on toes, and then apologizing profusely and fixing the problem. Not to say that they’re insincere, and hey, at least they fix the problem instead of denying it. There were a lot of complaints about Leopard when it was released, and I think they made efforts to please their users after that.

I guess that’s innovation for ya. (Plus having a batshit insane CEO.)

Yeah Leopard was fucking awful when it came out (so was the time capsule they’re sending me) but they’ve been patching it every couple months and both work fairly decently now. I can’t wait to get my new machine.

In all of this I am simply confused at how their customer service was so nice dealing with me out of the Store and how their in-store service is REALLY REALLY bad, which led to my getting the most recent office AND a time capsule.

Probably has to do with the store. I’ve had nothing but good experiences in Apple Stores, but I never dealt with customer service, just salespeople.

When it came to my computer, the in-store service ws almost always really bad. I’ve had to fight with them every time for the repairs that led to this and the reason they’re giving me so much loot is because of how bad the last trip was: they lied to us about what they could do and what they were supposed to do, they lied to Apple Care (I checked, they really did), they lied to us about Apple Care, they hung up the phone in my face when I tried to call, the list goes on. I’ve never seen anything like it. When I tried to get my repairs done last December, they just refused to do them and told me that to my face.

I almost want to do the trip to the store to see if the same faces are there.